Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Job Summary The Plant Maintenance Technician Assistant works under direct and performs limited preventive maintenance assignments, completes minor repairs and assists in major repairs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Performs repairs in accordance with Waste Management Safety and Life Critical Rules and OSHA. (Occupational and Safety Health Act) requirements.
- Performs minor repairs and assigned preventive maintenance services. Ensures all plant equipment is functioning properly.
- Assist Technicians in the adjustments, repair or replacement of all fixed and rolling stock equipment including but not limited to balers, conveyor belts, gearboxes, electrical motors, machine shafts, rollers, and bearings..
- Performs other maintenance and project related work as required.
- Maintain a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate / OSHA Standards. Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Requires a flexible work schedule, which may include nights and weekends to support operating schedule and the needs of the facility.
Qualifications The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Successfully complete pre-employment drug screen, physical, and background check, which will include previous employment check, criminal history and motor vehicle record review.
Education and Experience
• Education: High School diploma or G.E.D. preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."
A little about us:
Waste Management, Inc. is North America's leading provider of integrated environmental solutions.