Eaton Hydraulics has an opening for the Plant Manager role in the Eden Prairie facility. This role will manage plant operations, in conjunction with other divisional functions, to achieve customer satisfaction and business objectives. The plant manager must effectively organize, lead and manage all functional elements for the plant.
Essential functions include:
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
Create, plan and implement programs to achieve strategic and profit plans that meet divisional and corporate objectives.
Sets overall plant policies and procedures to ensure effective operations consistent with the Eaton Business System, Values and Philosophy and Ethical Standards
Coordinates and directs through managers, all functions of facility operations, including but not limited to Manufacturing, Engineering, Quality, SCM, OpEx, HR and Finance
Fosters an environment which promotes Eaton’s goals, encourages continuous improvement, and builds customer relationships
Accountable for the day-to-day decisions that directly impact safety, quality, delivery and cost for the overall plant
- Attracts, selects, develops, trains, coaches, appraises and motivates managers and other personnel for key staff positions and the facility
- Interact with customers to ensure understanding of their expectations and achievement of their satisfaction of plant products and services
- Develop and implement local policies and procedures to meet operational requirements, through clear communication and actions, with all levels of the organization, establish managerial leadership, credibility and trust
- Manage operating capital assets to achieve financial integrity and fiduciary responsibility
- Delegate and monitor plant operations for compliance with local, state, and federal regulatory agencies relative to affirmative action, safety, environmental and similar requirements
- Assists in maintaining an atmosphere of continuous improvement and team efforts for accomplishing department and plant goals.
- Builds organizational capabilities to support a high performance culture through mentoring and developing of new talent
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institute
· Minimum of 7 years of progressive manufacturing experience
· Legally authorized to work in the without company sponsorship
· Demonstrated knowledge of current manufacturing, materials/purchasing and quality assurance methods and practices
· Thorough understanding of financial practices and financial statement s, including capital equipment analysis, cost accounting, budgeting, project cost analysis, maintenance analysis and organizational techniques
· Ability to drive change and successfully lead and implement these change initiatives
· Demonstrated ability to manage direct reports and build organizational capability
· Strong communication skills and comfort with facilitating teams/groups and working with all levels in the organization
· Master’s degree (MBA)
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.