The Plant Manager will be responsible for performance with respect to Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, and Inventory in the Ellisville manufacturing plant, which is a feeder plant to the Bussmann Juarez manufacturing plant. The leader must work cooperatively with other functional leaders to optimize the entire value stream structure in the eyes of the customer. The leader must have a continuous improvement mindset while overseeing day-to-day activities in order to meet daily, monthly, quarterly, and yearly metric expectations. Proven track record of driving high levels of employee engagement through listening, taking feedback and empowerment of the workforce.
Essential functions for this role:
- Establish a proactive safety culture of zero incidents while promoting and ensuring the completion of safety trainings and programs.
- Measure, communicate and improve key performance indicators and act as an agent to support continuous improvement activities that achieve established improvement goals in an effort to become a lean model plant.
- Instill and maintain a positive team atmosphere in the facility that engages and empowers employees to implement countermeasures and safety improvements.
- Ensure standardized work processes are properly documented and followed.
- Lead operational talent management inclusive of employee engagement and performance management. This includes assessing current team members, identifying needs, creating robust training, and developing team to further expand the talent bench.
- Hold regular team meetings and assign team member tasks and coordinate support activities from departments outside of the team.
- Lead and improve continuous improvement framework through the utilization of various lean and six sigma methodologies.
- Increase efficiency levels through flexing labor and resources according to demand patterns.
- Participate as a key leadership team member for long range strategic planning and budget preparation.
- Emphasize the creation of continuous product flow, utilize pull systems where flow is not currently possible, and work to level the workload.
- Work as a cross functional team member to involve SQDCI elements in all decisions.
- Foster an environment that promotes Eaton’s Ethics, Values, Philosophies, and goals.
- Allocate the necessary resources to meet external and internal commitments while maintaining budgetary control
Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree & 5 years of related experience in manufacturing, including increasing responsibility and leadership of projects and teams of considerable size, scope and complexity
- 3 years of manger of salaried resource experience
- Previous experience with or training in lean tools (5S, Kaizen, Visual Management, Value Stream Mapping, six sigma, SMED, etc.)
- SAP business system experiences a plus.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft applications a must.
- Six Sigma/Green Belt or Black Belt and/or MBA a plus
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD UL Bussmann
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.