Manages cylinder fill plant to ensure timely distribution of product to customers and branches. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Coordinate cylinder requirements with region branches or delegates to Asst. Plant Manager or Plant Supervisor
- Trains and develops assigned personnel. Responsible for conducting timely and quality performance appraisals of assigned personnel with Asst. Plant Manager. Recommends disciplinary action up to and including termination of plant personnel supervisor.
- Delegates or directly directs and coordinates plant activities to obtain optimum efficiency and economy of operations and maximize production.
- Analyses plant budget to identify areas in which efficiencies can be obtained and production costs reduced and then allocates operating budget.
- Develops plant goals and works with and through subordinate associates to achieve results. Works with Plant Supervisor or Asst. Plant Manager to achieve goals.
- Follows and maintains all FDA, OSHA, EPA, DOT requirements and regulations.
- Supervises Plant Supervisor or Asst. Plant Manager if position part of operation
- Maintain all required computer and hand generated paperwork or delegates to Plant Supervisor or Asst. Plant Manager
- Reports any equipment or facility defects to Operations Management.
- Reviews technical publications, articles, and abstracts to stay abreast of technical developments in the industry.
- Responsible for safety and safety practices of assigned personnel.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
: Associate's degree (A.A.or A.S.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school and minimum of five years' industry related experience and/or training. At least two years' supervisory experience. LANGUAGE SKILLS
: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from associates, groups of managers, customers, and the general public. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Ability to apply basic concepts of algebra and geometry. REASONING ABILITY
: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. CERTIFICATON, LICENSES:
Valid state driver's license. PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The USES category for this position is heavy. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand, talk or hear, and smell. The associate frequently is required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The associate must occasionally move more than 125 pounds with the aid of material handling equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The associate is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability