The Plant Manager will oversee the operations at the Carneys Point HyCO facility. The Plant Manager is responsible for ensuring the safe operation of the facility. This role is accountable for meeting variable cost and capital budget goals. The Plant Manager works with the East plants along with Maintenance and with the Reliability teams to ensure that the operating units meet their reliability targets. The Plant Manager ensures that the facility maintains compliance with all required governmental regulations. This role meets regularly with the facility’s host customer to provide updates on operational activities.
The facility consists of two Steam Methane Reformer Units and associated equipment. There are approximately 9 operations and 2 support staff reporting to the Plant Manager. ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure employees are fully trained in, committed to, and conduct their activities in accordance with all aspects of Praxair Safety and Quality systems
- Provide goal development to ensure plant policies, SSOP’s, Critical parts, safety systems, maintenance programs, TAR planning, and training are first class
- Leads reliability, compliance, quality and safety programs for assigned area; ensures required government and/or environmental regulations are met
- Accountable for continuously working to reduce plant operating costs through the incorporation of Operational Excellence strategies
- Decisions are guided by policies, procedures and senior management's direction related to the business plan
- Manage and escalate as required, equipment, product quality and delivery issues
- Monitors production/manpower levels to ensure continued efficiency while anticipating problems and assisting with developing contingencies
- Manage employee performance by setting expectations, providing guidance, feedback, and develop training needs for employees.
- Maximizing reliability in order to avoid unscheduled shutdowns resulting in interruption of supply to customers
- Driving improvements in productivity and cost savings
- Driving improvement in the safety culture at the facility
- Ensuring that the facility completes compliance related items (PHA, RCA,etc.) in a timely manner
- Effectively coaching operations to complete PM’s, CM’s and maintaining plant equipment
- Accountability for adhering to all Corporate and plant policies including OSHA PSM, EPA RMP, and TECQ air, water, and waste regulations
- Strong operations and/or maintenance background
- Develop team building utilizing PMP process, training path for direct reports and feedback sessions.
- Bachelor Degree preferred in Chemical/Petrochemical experience as well as PSM or equivalent work experience in a directly related function
- 10 years' experience in an industrial plant environment including production, and/or plant maintenance required
- 5 years directly managing and developing employees required with demonstrated results
- Knowledge of Process Safety Management standards and procedures governing safe operation of EPA RMP and PSM covered facilities
- Strong communication and documentation skills are required.
A little about us:
A global Fortune 300 company that supplies atmospheric, process and specialty gases, is focused on making our planet more productive.