Job Description:POSITION SUMMARY:
Direct single-site manufacturing operations through a team of functional managers and supervisors with overall responsibility for production, maintenance, facilities, distribution, manufacturing engineering, and planning. Ensure increasing levels of customer and employee satisfaction while improving the efficiency of manpower, materials and machines. Ultimately responsible for 300+ employees (multi-shifts).RESPONSIBILITIES/DUTIES:
Job Qualifications:EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Direct and manage plant operations for production, facilities, maintenance, distribution, mfg eng, safety, quality and planning.
- Manage policy deployment in the areas of Lean Manufacturing techniques, quality, cost reduction, complete and on-time delivery, safety, customer satisfaction, employee relations, visual controls and plant performance measures.
- Provide leadership for employee relations through effective communications, coaching, training, and development.
- Provide leadership for problem resolution to facilitate fast improvements and improved working relationships.
- Manage material requirements to increase inventory turns and reduce levels on hand.
- Ensure compliance with Company standards for cost control, waste reduction, quality, OSHA, safety, and complete and on-time delivery at the lowest possible cost.
- Manages plant budget and balance work cell capacity/loading across the plant
- Determine operations headcount needs and ensures compliance with Company policies.
- Identifies, communicates and drives implementation of capital investments and improvement projects.
- Manage compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree.
• Minimum 10 years general manager experience in high precision, high-tech and low tolerance machining manufacturing environments.
• Background with manufacturing methods, process improvement programs and procedures.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, ETC:
• Kaizen and Lean Manufacturing techniques.
• Technical skills in materials and inventory management, production scheduling, and preventive maintenance.
• Leadership: A demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
• Planning: Ability to think ahead and plan over a 3-6 month time span.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Excellent project and program management skills.
• Quality orientation.
• Computer proficient.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.