Want a job you can feel good about? Leading to better encompasses everything we do at Kerry, it's how we've become the world's leading taste and nutrition company. Whether it's building sustainable solutions for consumers or building benefits and opportunities for employees, the main thread of the Kerry fabric is #LeadingToBetter. With focus on a sustainable future, a career with Kerry is something you can feel good about. Leading to better.
Through sensory science and technology, Kerry develops and manufactures food and beverage solutions for popular brands throughout the world. In fact, you've most likely experienced Kerry in the food or beverages you've consumed in the past few days! Leading to better, together.
Together, we shape how the world views food and beverage. Leading to better, together means we do this in a culture that nurtures agility, speed, quality and safety and we do this through:
- Celebrating curiosity that leads to action
- Empowering our people
- Promoting diverse thinking
- Investing in innovation
- Acting on sustainability
- Embracing our differences
Kerry is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Kerry will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen. Description and Responsibilities
The Plant Manager position is located at our liquid beverage facility in Portland, Maine. This facility has around 40 employees, is non-union and runs 24/5. The Plant Manager will provide leadership and direction for all plant operations to achieve continuously improving results in the areas of quality, cost, service, and safety. They will also oversee the Plant Operations which include Production, Warehousing, Quality, Maintenance, Materials Management, Safety, etc.
Key responsibilities of the role are summarized below and are subject to change according to business needs:
- Create and communicates a clear vision for the future to inspire and drive the business to achieve and surpass business goals and objectives (such as Safety, Productivity, Inventory levels, etc)
- Develop strategies for growth, set stretching but achievable targets and monitor performance to target for each functional area: Operations Engineering/Maintenance, Planning, Purchasing, Quality, Inventory Control, Safety
- Responsible for production improvements and efficiency of operations, demonstrate an ability to identify and drive continuous improvement initiatives. Use process mapping to support Process Optimization
- Seek opportunities to optimise cost and demonstrates an understanding of all cost drivers and their impact
- Work closely with Human Resources on staffing needs and budget
- Responsible for corporate and plant level safety, quality and financial initiatives and on-going training and compliance
- Understand the key success factors of the business, exercise sound judgement and inspire confidence in our customers. Learn EUM and gain an insight understanding of customer strategic objectives
- Interact with external parties including government agencies. vendors, and insurance companies
- Foster a successful, accountable 1Kerry oriented work environment
- Manage 4 direct reports
- Hiring, performance reviews, training and career development of staff
- Bachelor's Degree required, Mechanical/Chemical Engineering or Food Science preferred
- Understanding of USDA/FDA regulations, as well as HACCP, GMP's, SOP's, AIB, Organic, and Hazard Analysis
- Minimum 10 years of progressive experience in manufacturing environment
- Fluency in English, knowledge of other languages is a plus
- Openness to the opportunities in developed and emerging markets is a plus
- Minimum 5 years of food industry experience is required
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a Plant Manager role is required
- Knowledge in regards liquid processing; liquid processing environment background and experience required
A little about us:
To delight and nourish consumers across the globe.