Arconic is seeking individuals for the new Operational Excellence team within our Engineered Products and Solutions (EPS) Business Group. We are looking for leaders with demonstrated ability to achieve results in a manufacturing environment, as well as the passion to put that experience to work to lead a plant/location team to achieve manufacturing operational excellence. The location of these positions can be in any of the EPS locations in southern CA (Torrance, Carson, Fullerton, City of Industry). For the first 12-18 months, there will be 50-75% travel as these individuals will be deployed to EPS plants to help them achieve operational excellence. After 12-18 months, these individuals will be in the candidate pool for future Plant Manager openings.
The Operational Excellence team will be responsible for driving manufacturing operational excellence in support of short-term and long range business objectives and strategies. The initial focus will be in a consultative role to support the analysis of product flow and identify bottle neck and de-bottle neck to increase throughput year over year, support EPS Operations to rapidly implement and/or continuously improve usage of the stability tools (TPM, Kaizen, Daily Management, Communications, Suggestion System, Reward & Recognition and Problem Solving) or any other tools supporting standard practices deployment, prioritized according to their impact to EPS P&L. This role will assist with driving the organization towards highest operational standards through the application of the Arconic Values, Lean Manufacturing (ABS) principles, EHS protocols and the compliance with legal requirements, while using Degrees of Implementation (DI) to ensure good execution. These individuals will be in a pool for future Plant Manager/Plant Director, Operations openings.
The Arconic Engineered Products and Solutions (EPS) Business Group develops and manufactures high performance materials for the aerospace, industrial gas turbine, commercial transportation and oil and gas markets. EPS offers unique, comprehensive capabilities, from advanced alloy and 3D printing powder development to advanced manufacturing and qualification expertise. Our global footprint of manufacturing and R&D facilities are strategically located adjacent to customer clusters and in low-cost regions. Our four business units are built on market leadership in airfoils, fasteners, rings, forgings, extrusions, advanced alloys and industrial gas turbines.
Arconic, Inc. is built on an extraordinary heritage of innovation that began with Alcoa's founding in 1888. Our businesses have helped shape the aerospace, automotive and building and construction industries since the days of the Wright brothers and Henry Ford, and the first modern downtowns. On November 1, 2016, Arconic launched as a global leader in multi-material, precision-engineered products and solutions for high-growth markets, following our successful separation from Alcoa's bauxite, alumina and aluminum products units. Today we continue to build on more than a century of innovation to help transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Key Responsibilities:
- Drive connections to the P&L to achieve benchmark industry specific earnings performance.
- Sets the vision for the organization by formulating and guides the implementation of long- and short-range plans, policies and programs associated with assigned business unit product offerings, within the broad framework of operating unit and corporate strategy and under the direction of senior management to achieve approved objectives.
- Facilitate cross-functional initiatives for mapping EPS process flow paths, gathering and analyzing process data to identify root cause problems, identifying areas of process improvements, and use of process techniques to develop solutions to improve and enable measurable results in process efficiency, customer satisfaction, product quality that drive higher productivity (DI) and profitable growth (DI)
- Lead multi-disciplined plant team in meeting monthly forecasts and all appropriate business metrics in a continuous improvement spirit.
- Develop strategic manufacturing direction and planning for a 1-3 year planning horizon utilizing lean manufacturing techniques, automation, and Kaizen disciplines.
- Implement quarter-over-quarter improvement strategies to increase efficiency, spend performance, customer delivery and safety record.
- Interface with manufacturing management in promoting the effective use of Continuous Improvement/Lean Manufacturing initiatives established within Arconic's operating model, the Arconic Business System (ABS), in their departments and all along the supply chain, including the interface with customers and suppliers
- Lead by example that safety is a way of life and a demonstrate a passion for an injury-free workplace.
- Lead by example and reinforce the Arconic Values in every interaction.
Basic QualificationsBasic Qualifications:
- Strong leadership skills that create an engaged employee environment
- Strong customer management skills
- Ability to drive improvement through the implementation of the lean manufacturing principles
- Results driven and accountable for actions
- Ability to drive connections to the P&L to achieve benchmark industry specific earnings performance.
- Effective communicator in every setting
- Experience and demonstrated skills in creating a diverse workforce and inclusive culture
- Views safety as a way of life
- Strong analytical, communication, interpersonal, organizational and negotiation skills including using skills with groups of employees, managers, customers, and the general public.
- Willing and able to relocate after 12-18 months.
Preferred QualificationsPreferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 7 years of experience in manufacturing plant operations
- Minimum 5 years of management experience within a plant environment
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Prefer the Bachelor's Degree is in Engineering or Business from an accredited institution
- Experience in a Plant Manager role strongly preferred
- Candidates with operational management experience in the areas of Lean Manufacturing, Engineering, or Manufacturing Operations, etc. will be considered.
- Experience in the Automotive industry strongly preferred
- Experience in tooling or investment casting process; experience in a metal working industry
- Experience in successfully implementing large scale/systemic change efforts across a diverse organization
- Demonstrated results in leading manufacturing excellence
- Experience with, and understanding of, financial and non-financial metrics data necessary to achieve cost competitive high quality products; strong financial literacy
- Experience in a growth or turnaround of an operation
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.