Airgas USA, LLC is hiring a Plant Manager in Islandia, NY! Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward? Discover an exciting Career with Airgas! Airgas USA, LLC, an Air Liquide company, is the largest distributor of welding, medical and specialty gases and hard goods in the United States. Airgas has the versatility to provide the best solution at the best value, direct to our customers. Bring your competitive drive to Airgas and ability to work in a fast-paced, results oriented environment! GENERAL SUMMARY:
The Plant Manager is responsible for supervising and coordinating activities of workers engaged in producing and repackaging of compressed and liquid gases into cylinders, correcting unsafe acts or conditions without delay, and assigning job tasks to workers according to customer needs, current stock levels and workers' expertise. ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operates and safely maintains the plant for pumping or repackaging of gases into cylinders while ensuring compliance with all federal, state, local and company policies, procedures, regulations and laws. Maintains a neat, clean and orderly plant appearance.
- Studies production schedules and estimate worker-hour requirements for completion of job assignments. Establishes and/or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Implements measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and product quality. Modifies working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of work crew.
- Ensures all safety rules are strictly observed and safety training is regularly scheduled, conducted and documented. Interpret company policies to workers and enforce safety regulations.
- Ensures all injuries and accidents are properly investigated and reported within 24 hours.
- Analyzes and resolves, or assists workers in solving, work related problems. Recommends and/or initiates personnel actions, such as promotions, transfers, discharges, and disciplinary measures. Ensures associate issues, grievances, etc. are effectively handled.
- Manages and leads subordinate supervisors to provide leadership. Initiate and/or suggest plans to motivate workers to achieve goals. Provides coaching and corrective action promptly, to ensure that poor performers are identified, documented and improved to acceptable performance, or released.
- Trains new workers and cross trains associates to continue production during personnel shortages.
- Maintains time and production records and approves overtime when essential, while keeping overtime at acceptable levels.
- Additional duties and projects as may be assigned.
(The above job functions are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position and are not intended to be all inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.)Qualifications: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- A total of five (5) years of industry experience to include a minimum of two (2) years of demonstrated experience working in a supervisory/leadership role. Prefer prior experience with compressed/packaged gases.
- Prior experience utilizing SAP preferred.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Strong analytical skills and a thorough understanding of how to leverage metrics and related tools to improve production efficiency and effectiveness.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Communication skills that ensure a smooth flow of information between self and others through clear speaking and writing, encouragement of open expression of ideas, and effective listening.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to deal effectively with others in both favorable and unfavorable situations regardless of status of position. Accepts cultural diversity and establishes effective working relationships.
- Demonstrated knowledge of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in all units of measure using whole numbers, fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratios, and percent.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter; self-motivated; well organized; ability to work independently.
- Detail oriented with the ability to complete handwritten compliance documentation neatly and accurately.
- Demonstrated dedication to product quality and customer satisfaction.
- Able to operate a fork-lift.
- Occasionally may be required to move up to 60 pounds or more with the aid of material handling equipment.
- Minimal travel required.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
In lieu of the above, any equivalent combination of training and experience that provided the aforementioned knowledge, abilities and skills may be considered at the discretion of Airgas.
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Reimbursement and much more...!
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability .
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.