Airgas, an Air Liquide company is Now Hiring
Plant Manager in Kapolei, HI
Are Safety, Ethics and Excellent Customer Service important to you?
Are you intrigued by supporting customers in aerospace, hospitals, labs, universities, manufacturing, etc?
Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward? Discover an exciting Career with Airgas as our
As the leading U.S. distributor of industrial, medical and specialty gases and hardgoods, Airgas has a focus on quality products-but we recognize that it's the quality of our people that makes our success possible. With more than 17,000 associates working in approximately 1,100 locations-branches, retail stores, gas fill plants, specialty labs, gas production facilities and distribution centers-chances are, there is a career at Airgas custom fit for you. Bring your competitive drive to Airgas and ability to work in a fast-paced, results oriented environment! Position Summary:
The Plant Manager is responsible for planning, directing and coordinating the daily operations at a Production Plant. This role will be responsible for managing all activities of associates engaged in producing, repackaging, and delivering compressed gas cylinders. Essential Job Functions:
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or is an essential function of the position.
- All duties and responsibilities shall be performed as set forth in established policies and procedures.
- Adhere to and assure compliance with the Code of Conduct/Handbook, policies and procedures and all applicable rules, regulations and standards promulgated by Federal, State and other applicable agencies or regulating bodies.
- Must lead within the Airgas culture - putting safety first.
- Operate and safely maintain production plant for packaging gases into cylinders while ensuring compliance with all federal, state, local and company policies and procedures and laws and regulations.
- Manage and lead subordinate production supervisors and distribution managers to provide leadership for production operators and drivers.
- Develop, implement and monitor periodic inspections of plant facility to ensure safe and efficient operation.
- Implements measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, product quality and changes working conditions and use of equipment as needed to increase efficiency of work crew.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists workers in solving problems.
- Suggests or initiates plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals; recommends and/or initiates personnel actions, such as promotions, transfers, discharges and reviews all disciplinary measures.
- Ensure all vehicle accidents or personal injuries are properly investigated and reported within 24 hours.
- Provide technical support to all departments requiring compressed gas technology, product costing, gas distribution and product packaging.
- Maintains safety program that promotes safety awareness of employees while creating a mechanism in which the supervisors are actively participating and held accountable.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Experiences, Certificates/Licenses and/or Registrations:
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be customer service oriented and able to interact with the public in a professional manner.
- Must be able to work flexible hours to meet customer needs and management expectations.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Possess conceptual understanding of industrial gas products, production, distribution applications and equipment.
- Knowledge of federal, state, local regulatory procedures (CGMP, OSHA, FDA, etc.) as they apply to the daily plant operations.
Work Environment and Safety Equipment Required:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; Bachelors Degree preferred.
- 8 years of experience in industrial gas/packaged gas industry plant environment, petrochemical, or related industries in operations and/or engineering or related activities.
- Minimum 2 years in supervisory role.
While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to sit for long periods and stand to perform work. The associate is required to reach with hands and arms, smell, talk or hear. The associate must be able to lift, push, pull or move up to fifty (50) pounds or more with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to noisy and the associate may be exposed to extreme weather. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Hearing protection must be worn in designated areas.
- Fully enclosed shoes or safety shoes must we worn in designated areas.
- Safety glasses must be worn in designated areas.
- Must use other Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required.
Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments in accordance with business needs, and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified associates can perform the essential function of the job. Airgas offers a full benefits package includes:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Reimbursement and much more...
What do our Team Members have to say?
"Great place to work with great growth potential" - Director, Atlanta
"Opportunity to advance and a great safety program" - Driver, Cheshire
"Fun people to work with and flexible management" - Sales Specialist
Airgas will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.