A Super Opportunity Awaits You!
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, the nation's leading single-source supplier of gases, welding and safety products is seeking a Plant Manager - Tooele, UT.
Known locally and nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise.
Plan, direct, and coordinate all efforts at the facility to achieve overall cost reduction, capacity increase, and customer satisfaction. The Plant Manager has ultimate responsibility for all operations within facility including safety, health, environmental, quality, production, analytical, distribution, material management, and maintenance performance. Responsible for directing and overseeing the planning, implementation and maintenance of FDA quality control methods, processes, procedures, policies and operations for existing products and technologies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform activities to promote the maintenance of FDA compliance in the plant environment. Increase FDA awareness in all areas of the workplace.
• Ensure completion of all FDA reporting and recordkeeping requirements
• Prepare the facility budget and manage expenditures to ensure costs are adequately controlled.
• Recruit and train as needed to ensure adequate levels of staffing exist.
• Reinforce and correct employee performance. Conduct appraisals and recommend personnel for promotion.
• Develop and maintain positive employee relations.
• Operate plant to meet Airgas safety, health, environmental, and quality policy. Implement programs to achieve targeted goals.
• Develop procedures and provide training to meet regulatory and company requirements.
• Implement and evaluate project to improve efficiency and productivity.
• Facilitate team activities and nurture project completion.
• Conduct periodic reviews of facility performance against stated objectives.
• Conduct orientation for new line managers.
• Monitor employee compliance with safety, health, environmental, and quality requirements.
• Continuously review the Airgas Specialty Gas Quality System and help improve on implementation.
• Review and provide input into safety operating procedures.
• Manage changes to the facility, equipment, processes, and procedures.
• Evaluate, assign responsibility and monitor actions against recommendations arising from compliance audits.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Chemistry, Industrial Technology, or related field, or equivalent experience in medical gases industry.
• 5 years experience supervising, motivating and leading first level supervisors and other employees, preferably in a medical manufacturing environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
• Regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms.
• Specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus objects.
• Must be able to talk to and hear customers/co-workers as well as smell/hear leaking gas from cylinders
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and the work environment is an office and industrial production setting.
Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.