Job Description: JOB SUMMARY:
The Materials Manager, through the team and in collaboration with other functional leaders, plans, manages and controls the flow of materials and supplies through the facility for the purpose of sustaining the manufacture of existing products as well as the introduction of new products, to meet make-to-stock and make-to-order requirements. ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with the Demand Planning Team to develop and monitor the monthly Sales, Inventory & Operations Plan ("S&OP"). 20%
- Manage the planning team to create the supply plan thru the MRP system, including supplier scheduling and inventory planning . 20%
- Manage the planning team to create & monitor production plans & schedules. 20%
- Manage the warehouse team to control the storage and movement of materials & supplies throughout the plant. 20 %
- Manage the warehouse team to control the shipping and receiving process. 20%
Specific duties & responsibilities will include:
- Manage the production planners, and supervisory personnel and material handlers to meet established Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost objectives.
- Review and approve requisitions or purchase orders for materials, supplies per the established Delegation of Authority ("DOA") on a consistent and timely basis and ensure transactions conform to company policy and budget limitations.
- Take corrective action with vendors for defective or damaged materials and communicate with shipping and receiving to ensure flow of material is maintained to meet customer delivery.
- Maintain purchase records for requested materials, costs, deliveries, quality and performance, and inventories.
- Recommend or initiate personnel actions such as appraisal, promotions, transfers, discharges and disciplinary measures.
Maintain a safe work area in accordance with the Tyco Safety Job Qualifications: Education/Experience
BS or BA degree in Supply Management, or Business Administration, or Industrial Engineering, or related field /
Experience in supply chain management, materials management, demand planning, production scheduling, inventory control, and procurement in a high-volume, high-mix, discrete manufacturing environment. Technical Skills
Proficient in the use of MRP/ERP systems and MS Office software (Excel, Word, Access, Power Point). APICS certification preferred.
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.