Grow with us as your goals will be achieved in an environment that cares about career development. You are detail oriented and able to manage multiple priorities. Engage with us as you collaborate with diverse people and perspectives. Enrich yourself as you work for a company that delights the world through foods and brands that matter. WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
In your role as a Plant Operations Manager at Kellogg, you will be part of our success by:
Qualifications: WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
- Participating in the business planning and budgeting process by developing short and long-term cost strategies
- Execution of projects within assigned area by monitoring project plans and status to ensure completion
- Ensuring raw materials are efficiently converted into finished goods for assigned area/shift
- Accountable for compliance with all Employee Safety, Food Safety and Sanitation policies and regulations
- Owning all the PDQCSM (Production, Delivery, Quality, Cost, Safety, and Morale) scorecard measures for the department and Safety, Morale, and OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness), Capacity, and Cost.
- Owning the department culture - safety, quality, and organizational.
- Managing consistent execution of department standards - appearance, daily management, equipment, and operational standards.
- Coaching and developing leaders on the Kellogg Work System.
- Responsible for people management systems within the department, including employee performance development, recognition, compatibility, and employee progression / readiness.
- Responsible for participating as a Work Process Improvement pillar member and Technician Leadership Team Sponsor
As well as a hunger to learn and succeed as Plant Operations Manager, to be considered for this position you must be able to meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor's degree with significant managerial experience in a manufacturing setting
- Experience with leading and applying lean principles in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate others
- Strong problem solving, negotiating, and decision making skills with the proven ability to manage complex situations
- Proficiency with computers, including the Microsoft Office Suite
- Collaborative work style, able to partner with leaders of other functional areas and business partners to drive overall performance
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or similar technical degree
- Experience in successfully managing and leading teams
- Technical and Operations experience in process, bulk material delivery, and packaging
- Experience in leading Kellogg Work System activities
- Experience in the Consumer Packaged Goods Industry
- SAP experience
- Experience managing in a union environment
This is a 24/7 operation and this role will require occasional off-shift and weekend hours and some travel.
The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time, work overtime as needed and the ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For additional information, please follow this Link for English or this Link for Spanish.
A little about us: