Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/VeteranHours: Current work hours will be approximately 4:30pm - 2:30am however; hours are subject to change to a later start time and end time.
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects. I. Job Summary
Under general supervision, supervises daily operations in order to improve production, maintain costs, and ensure safety. II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Under general supervision, manages daily (plant) operations and maintains inventory for safety and operation supplies.
- Reviews and evaluates work to ensure quality, timeliness and ensures quality control in adherence to policies and procedures.
- Manages (plant) logistics and materials; supervises daily production; enters finished goods into inventory; orders supplies as needed.
- Supervises production staff and coordinates workflow and assignments toward the achievement of operational goals.
- Oversees operations personnel needs including coaching, training, and evaluating employee performance. Provides input into termination, compensation, and promotion decisions.
- Investigates, reviews and controls implementation of safety regulations and company policies and procedures.
- Creates and submits weekly and month end reports to senior management.
The highest level of supervisory skills required in this job is the management of non-supervisory employees. This includes:
- Direct supervision of 9 full-time employees including: sorters, operators, drivers, laborers.
- Indirect supervision of 30-35 contingent workforce (temp)
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: High School Diploma or GED (accredited)
- Experience: 4 years of relevant work experience
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
V. Work Environment
- Equipment operating and supervisory experience may be required.
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is an office setting, transfer station, MRF/outdoor. Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."