Grow with us as a Plant Operations Supervisor in one of our state-of-the-art facilities! Engage with us as you collaborate with many diverse people and perspectives. Lead with us using flexible leadership and communication skills. Innovate with us as you find new ways to improve operations and increase process effectiveness. In this role, you will oversee the daily activity and development of our operators while contributing to a team dedicated to achieving performance excellence. Be a part of the united values and collaborative culture at Kellogg! WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
In your role as Plant Operations Supervisor at Kellogg, you will be part of our success by:
Qualifications: WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
- Directing all activities for and guiding operators and their activities for assigned area/shift in the execution of logistics plans (receiving, line supply, packaging, shipping, etc.),
- Coordinating and supporting Continuous Improvement activity throughout the facility
- Operating shipping/receiving in accordance with Food and Drug Administration guidelines, Good Manufacturing Practices and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point / Safe Quality Food program guidelines
Identifying opportunities to eliminate cost and/or waste by applying LEAN manufacturing principals
- Incorporating a culture of inclusion and continuity within all departments
- Identifying, developing and implementing best practices in safety and quality
- Utilizing various systems to achieve work goals and inventory management excellence
- Using problem solving skills and root cause analysis to resolve and/or mitigate operational issues
As well as a hunger to learn and succeed in Manufacturing, to be considered for this position you must be able to meet the following requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED with substantial related proven leadership and supervisory experience in a manufacturing setting
- A strong ability to work effectively with people cross-functionally and at all levels of an organization
- Strong technical aptitude along with proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- The ability to prioritize and manage multiple competing requests while maintaining a culture of accountability and execution
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
- BS/BA in operations management, business, engineering or related area and significant related experience
- Experience with SAP or similar ERP system
- Experience in a union and/or manufacturing environment
- Exposure to process reengineering concepts; Demonstrated ability to effect change using these tools
Flexibility in hours and shifts worked is an essential function of this position. The role requires different schedules depending on business conditions. Occasional weekend overtime is required, and some rotations require shift lengths of up to 12 hours
The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time, work overtime as needed and the ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For additional information, please follow this Link for English or this Link for Spanish.
A little about us: