Discover an exciting career with Airgas!
Airgas USA, LLC has an excellent opportunity for a Plant Operator in Cincinnati, OH at our Cincinnati-Dayton Road Plant.
Airgas USA, LLC, a Fortune 500, $6B organization, is planning for continued growth. As the largest distributor of welding, medical and specialty gases and hard goods in the United States, Airgas has the versatility to provide the best solution at the best value, direct to our customers. Bring your competitive drive to Airgas and ability to work in a fast-paced, results oriented environment!
The Plant Operator position is responsible for loading, unloading and filling gas products into liquid and high pressure gas cylinders in compliance with federal, state and local regulations, as well as meeting the safety and standard operating procedures of Airgas.
Essential duties and accountabilities:
• Follows all safety and standard operating procedures as required by government agencies (FDA, DOT, EPA, OSHA), distributors, and the Company.
• Inspects, fills, and maintains cylinders.
• Analyzes products for purity and correct mixtures.
• Correctly completes daily paperwork.
• Completes quality control sheets as required.
• Operates a forklift, pallet jack and other warehouse equipment.
• Maintains neat, clean and orderly plant appearance.
• Assists with loading and unloading trucks and/or trailers when required.
• Assists with inventory, general housekeeping, and help with customers when necessary.
An ideal candidate with possess the following:
• High school diploma or equivalent (GED) preferred.
• Ability to work 2nd shift, 2:00pm-11:30pm, Monday through Friday.
• Must be able to work occasional overtime, if necessary.
• Minimum of one year of experience in industrial setting.
• Experience in operating a fork lift is a plus.
• Basic computer experience.
• Must have basic mathematical calculation skills.
• Good mechanical aptitude and a familiarity to hand tools.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Strong organization skills and attention to detail for accurate paperwork and filing.
• Must be able to safely lift at least 25 lbs and move up to 800 lbs using safety equipment.
• Ability to work in an outdoor environment in the heat or cold.
Airgas Benefits Include:
• Competitive Pay
• Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan
• 401K with Company match
• Paid Vacation, Personal Days and Holidays
• ...and more
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.