Plant Operator JOB SUMMARY:
Examine, test, fill and weigh compressed and liquefied gas cylinders in accordance with company policies and procedures, and local, state and federal regulations. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Operate and safely maintain equipment for pumping or repackaging gases into cylinders.
- Perform all required pre-fill and post-fill inspections and tests before cylinders are released.
- Ensure cylinders are adequately maintained - cylinders requiring maintenance or repair are removed from service until corrected.
- Regularly inspect and maintain pumping apparatus and associated pressure gages and monitoring devices.
- Fill cylinders or containers to proper pressure or weight, whichever is appropriate.
- Ensure cylinder filling records are accurately maintained and that all required procedures are followed in order to comply with local, state and federal regulations.
- Conduct periodic plant checks for safe and efficient operation.
- Operate a forklift, pallet jack and other warehouse equipment.
- Maintain neat, clean and orderly plant appearance.
- Perform mathematical calculations.
Qualifications: EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Assist with loading and unloading trucks and/or trailers when required.
- Assist with inventory, general housekeeping, and help with customers when necessary.
- If qualified, perform backup duties as a Driver when necessary.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- 0 - 1 year of operations or production experience, preferably in a manufacturing or distribution environment.
- Forklift certified / possess valid forklift operators license.
- Ability to routinely lift 25 - 60 lbs.
- Ability to perform work during prolonged standing up to 8 hours; frequent bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, grasping, feeling and repetitive motion also required.
- Ability to perform functions during occasional climbing, balancing, kneeling, crawling, pushing, pulling and finger activities.
- Ability to read and comprehend Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work occasional overtime, if necessary.
- Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and background.
- Must be able to work outdoors in temperatures ranging from 30 to 110 degrees.
- Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.