Airgas USA, LLC is hiring a Plant Operator in Colfax, NC!! Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward?
Discover an exciting Career with Airgas as a Plant Operator
! Airgas USA, LLC, a Fortune 500, $6B organization is planning for continued growth. As the largest distributor of welding, medical and specialty gases and hard goods in the United States, Airgas has the versatility to provide the best solution at the best value, direct to our customers. Bring your competitive drive and ability to work in a fast-paced, results oriented environment to Airgas! JOB SUMMARY:
The Plant Operator is responsible for examining, testing, filling, and weighing compressed and liquefied gas cylinders in accordance with company policies and procedures, and local, state and federal regulations. The Plant Operator is also responsible for meeting all safety standards in the loading and unloading of cylinder gases in accordance with Airgas procedures.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Operate and safely maintain equipment for pumping or repackaging gases into cylinders.
- Perform all required pre-fill and post-fill inspections and tests before cylinders are released.
- Ensure cylinders are adequately maintained - cylinders requiring maintenance or repair are removed from service until corrected.
- Regularly inspect and maintain pumping apparatus and associated pressure gages and monitoring devices.
- Fill cylinders or containers to proper pressure or weight, whichever is appropriate.
- Ensure cylinder filling records are accurately maintained and that all required procedures are followed in order to comply with local, state and federal regulations.
- Conduct periodic plant checks for safe and efficient operation.
- Operate a forklift, pallet jack and other warehouse equipment.
- Maintain neat, clean and orderly plant appearance.
- Perform mathematical calculations.
Qualifications: EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Assist with loading and unloading trucks and/or trailers when required.
- Assist with inventory, general housekeeping, and help with customers when necessary.
- If qualified, perform backup duties as a Driver when necessary.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- 0 - 1 year of operations or production experience, preferably in a manufacturing or distribution environment.
- Forklift certified / possess valid forklift operators license.
- Ability to routinely lift 25 - 60 lbs.
- Ability to perform work during prolonged standing up to 8 hours; frequent bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, grasping, feeling and repetitive motion also required.
- Ability to perform functions during occasional climbing, balancing, kneeling, crawling, pushing, pulling and finger activities.
- Ability to read and comprehend Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work occasional overtime, if necessary.
- Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and background.
- Must be able to work outdoors in temperatures ranging from 30 to 110 degrees.
- Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of this position. Incumbents are expected to follow any other reasonable instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their supervisor. Performance of this job in a safe manner and in keeping with established Airgas policies is a condition of employment.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.