a subsidiary of Airgas USA, LLC. the nations leading distributor of industrial, medical and specialty gases and welding supplies, has a Plant Operator
position open at our Hattiesburg, MS
Plant. JOB SUMMARY:
The Plant Operator will be responsible for filling industrial and/or specialty gas products into liquid gas cylinders in compliance with federal, state, local regulations, and meeting the standard operating procedures of Airgas. Responsible for meeting all safety standards in the loading and unloading of cylinder gases per Airgas procedures. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Operate equipment for pumping or repackaging gases into cylinders.
- Performs minor maintenance of equipment and inspection of cylinders prior to filling.
- Use standard pre-fill and post-fill inspections, tests, and operating procedures before cylinders are released.
- Regularly inspect pumping apparatus and associated monitoring devices used in daily activities.
- Fill cylinders or containers to proper capacity and accurately maintain cylinder filling records and ensures that all required procedures are followed in order to comply with local, state and federal regulations.
- Complete daily fill sheets and cylinder filling records accurately and timely.
- Complete and attach warning and other identification tags, labels and decals to cylinders.
- Unload and load cylinders onto delivery trucks using cylinder carts and/or lift gate.
- Ensure any accident or injury is promptly reported; comply with all company safety policies and procedures; attend monthly safety meetings.
- Comply with shift work schedules and be able to work occasional overtime to meet operational deadlines.
- Maintain a clean, safe and orderly plant appearance.
Qualifications: EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Paint and make minor repairs on liquid gas cylinders
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- 0 - 1 year of operations or production experience, preferably in a manufacturing or distribution environment.
- Forklift certified / possess valid forklift operators license.
- Ability to routinely lift 25 - 60 lbs.
- Ability to perform work during prolonged standing up to 8 hours; frequent bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, grasping, feeling and repetitive motion also required.
- Ability to perform functions during occasional climbing, balancing, kneeling, crawling, pushing, pulling and finger activities.
- Ability to read and comprehend Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work occasional overtime, if necessary.
- Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and background.
- Must be able to work outdoors in temperatures ranging from 30 to 110 degrees.
- Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.
Looking for a great company to work for? You'll Find It With Us!
Airgas South offers a competitive compensation and excellent benefits package, which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug, Life & Disability Insurance, 401(k), Tuition Reimbursement and more.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.