a subsidiary of Airgas USA, LLC., the nations leading distributor of industrial, medical and specialty gases and welding supplies is seeking a Plant Operator/Backup CDL Transport Driver
for the Atlanta, GA
Plant. JOB SUMMARY:
The Plant Operator will be responsible for filling industrial, medical and/or specialty gas products into liquid gas cylinders in compliance with federal, state, local regulations, and meeting the standard operating procedures of Airgas. Responsible for meeting all safety standards in the loading and unloading of cylinder gases per Airgas procedures.
The secondary function of this position is to drive 1ton to 45' tractor trailer to transport industrial, specialty and medical gascylinders to and from specified destinations. The Transport Driver verifies load manifest, loads/unloads truck, performs pre and post trip vehicle inspections, documenting deficiencies and ensures all safety items are in good working order; as well as maintains neat, clean and professional personal appearance, and maintains vehicle appearance in a professional manner. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Operate equipment for pumping or repackaging gases into cylinders.
- Performs minor maintenance of equipment and inspection of cylinders prior to filling.
- Use standard pre-fill and post-fill inspections, tests, and operating procedures before cylinders are released.
- Regularly inspect pumping apparatus and associated monitoring devices used in daily activities.
- Fill cylinders or containers to proper capacity and accurately maintain cylinder filling records and ensures that all required procedures are followed in order to comply with local, state and federal regulations.
- Complete daily fill sheets and cylinder filling records accurately and timely.
- Complete and attach warning and other identification tags, labels and decals to cylinders.
- Unload and load cylinders onto delivery trucks using cylinder carts and/or lift gate.
- Ensure any accident or injury is promptly reported; comply with all company safety policies and procedures; attend monthly safety meetings.
- Comply with shift work schedules and be able to work occasional overtime to meet operational deadlines.
- Maintain a clean, safe and orderly plant appearance.
Qualifications: EDUCATION ANDEXPERIENCE:
- Paint and make minor repairs on liquid gas cylinders
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE,SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Class A CDL with HazMat and Tanker endorsements & airbrakes
- One year driving experience and/or driving school training.
- Accident Free/Point Free driving record of at least 5 years.
- Forklift certified.
- Industry and related product knowledge, as well as experience handling compressed gases, preferred
Looking for a great company to work for? You'll Find It With Us!
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Must meet all physical qualification standards imposed by regulation for drivers.
- Can read and speak the English language sufficiently to converse with the general public, to understand highway traffic signs and signals in the English language, to respond to official inquires, and to make entries on reports and records.
- Ability to read and comprehend material safety data sheets.
- Ability to routinely lift 25 - 60 lbs.
- Must be able to drive hazardous cargo for up to 10 hours; frequent bending also required.
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work occasional overtime if necessary.
- Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
- Must be able to work outdoors in temperatures ranging from 30 to 100 degrees.
- Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.
Airgas USA, LLC. offers a competitive compensation and excellent benefits package, which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug, Life & Disability Insurance, 401(k), Tuition Reimbursement and more.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability