Plant Operator Technician
Location: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Posted: November 28, 2017
Reference ID: 15967
AIRGAS USA - LLC an Air Liquide company is a leading distributor of industrial gas and welding supplies. We currently have an IMMEDIATE opening for a PRODUCTION OPERATOR to join our TEAM in Oklahoma City, OK.
Tends equipment to fill cylinders and other containers with liquefied or compressed gases by performing the following the duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Rolls cylinders onto platform, or positions cylinders in manifold racks manually or with the aid of material handling equipment.
• Connects manifold to cylinders.
• May fill cylinders by any of the following methods: (1) Sets pressure gauge to specified reading and watches for indication of full cylinders. (2) Adjusts valves and observes gauge to fill cylinder to specified pressure. (3) Observes scale indicator to fill cylinders to specified weight. (4) Fills cylinder to excess, rolls cylinder onto scale, and connects exhaust line to release excess gas and attain prescribed weight.
• Fills out and attaches warning and other identification tags, labels, or decals to cylinders.
• May test gas for purity using testing equipment.
• May inspect or test empty cylinders.
• May tend or maintain generator or compressor in filling process.
• May change cylinder valves with wrench, or adjust them with torque wrench to prescribed tension.
• May load cylinders onto vehicles manually or with the aid of material handling equipment.
Airgas offers a competitive benefit package including medical, dental and vision plans. Benefits take effect after only 30 days. In addition, Airgas also offers its employees a 401k Plan with company matching funds, Tuition Reimbursement & Scholarship Program. Airgas provides paid time off benefits for employees, including vacation, sick, holidays and floating holidays. Company paid uniforms are provided, as well as a safety boot and safety glasses allowance.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability