A successful Plant Operator Technician I will have safety as their top priority. AIRGAS USA, LLC an Air Liquide company is a distributor of Industrial, Medical, Specialty and Welding gases along with Safety and Welding related products. This department is physically and technically challenging and fast paced. Plant Operator Technicians need to have a high degree of interest working in a busy plant production environment, which requires a sense of urgency and willingness to do whatever it takes to support our customers. A Plant Operator Technician I loads, sorts, repackages compressed and liquefied gas into cylinders. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Complies with all safety requirements, safety procedures and rules as prescribed by Airgas Inc., State and Federal agencies. Working safely is our number one priority.
- Identifies, sorts and palletizes cylinders by size and product for efficient refilling and handling.
- Replaces safety valves on cylinders and removes and replaces labels on cylinders as required.
- Positions cylinders in manifold racks and operates equipment for pumping or repackaging gases into cylinders.
- Performs all required prefill and post-fill inspections and tests before cylinders are released.
- Cylinders requiring maintenance or repair are removed from service until corrected. Reports any equipment or facility defects to supervisor.
- Regularly inspects and maintains pumping apparatus and associated monitoring devices
- Completes and attaches warning and other identification tags, labels and decals to cylinders.
- Operates forklift, pallet jack and other warehouse equipment to safely load/unload compressed gas and liquid cylinders to and from delivery vehicles.
- Ensure any injury or accident is reported immediately.
- Ability to read and comprehend Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- Maintain neat, clean and orderly plant appearance.
- Represents Airgas Inc. in a professional and dignified manner at all times
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Must have the ability to perform very heavy work - routinely lift 25 - 75 lbs., and occasionally lift 76 to greater than 125 pounds with the aid of material handling equipment
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a plant or manufacturing environment
- Basic math skills (e.g. arithmetic, fractions, percentages)
- Must be able to work overtime as needed
- 1 or more years' experience driving a forklift
- 3 or more years' experience in a plant or manufacturing environment
- 1 or more years' experience in basic mechanical skills (e.g. assemble, disassemble mechanical equipment)
- High School diploma or GED or equivalent combination of experience
Preferred: PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to perform very heavy work - routinely lift 25 - 75 lbs., and occasionally lift 76 to greater than 100 lbs. The associate is regularly required to perform work during prolonged standing up to 8 hours; frequent bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, grasping, feeling and repetitive motion also required. The associate must have the ability to perform work with occasional climbing, balancing, kneeling, crawling, pushing, and pulling and finger activities. WORK ENVIRONMENT:
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.