Airgas USA, LLC is hiring a Plant Operator Technician
in Rockford, IL
Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward?
Discover an exciting Career with Airgas as a Plant Operator Technician
! Airgas USA, LLC, a Fortune 500, $6B organization is planning for continued growth. As the largest distributor of welding, medical and specialty gases and hard goods in the United States, Airgas has the versatility to provide the best solution at the best value, direct to our customers. Bring your competitive drive to Airgas and ability to work in a fast-paced, results oriented environment! This is a first shift position - 5 am to 1:30 pm, Monday through Friday. JOB SUMMARY:
Working with safety as the top priority, the Fill Plant Operator II is responsible for sorting of incoming cylinders, filling high pressure cylinders and portable liquid containers with compressed gases, removing and/or installing of valves in cylinders, operating knowledge of instrumentation required for testing, testing of cylinders and practice good housekeeping per appropriate regulations and company policy. This position requires an individual to have basic math and reading skills, the ability to operate a forklift, move cylinders with a hand cart, organizational skills, communication skills, and ability to prioritize. The working condition is an industrial setting, with frequent outdoor activities. This safety sensitive position requires the ability to handle heavy work. ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
• Operate forklift and handcart to safely load/unload compressed gas and liquid cylinders to and from delivery vehicles
• Identify, sort and palletize cylinders for efficient refilling and handling
• Complete truck manifest
• May be required to weigh cylinders
• May be required to perform the dock stock responsibilities
• May be required to adjust cylinder distribution if inventory is low
• May inspect cylinders prior to filling, using standard operating procedures
• May remove and replace labelsQualifications: QUALIFICATIONS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand, walk, and sit while making deliveries; use hands to finger, handle, or feel while making deliveries; reach with hands and arms; talk to or hear customers; and smell leaking gas from cylinders. The associate is occasionally required to climb or balance. The associate must regularly lift up to 75 pounds and move more than 100 pounds with the aid of material handling equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance and color vision; depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to read and comprehend load sheets and material safety data sheets (MSDS).
- Must be able to work occasional overtime, if necessary.
- Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Assistance and much more...!
What do our Team Members have to say about being part of the team?
"Great place to work with great growth potential" - Director, Atlanta
"Opportunity to advance and a great safety program" - Driver, Cheshire
"Fun people to work with and flexible management" - Sales Specialist
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.