Airgas USA, LLC is hiring a Fill Plant Operator II
in Rockford, IL
Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward? Discover an exciting Career with Airgas as a Fill Plant Operator II
Discover an exciting Career with Airgas! Airgas USA, LLC, an Air Liquide company, is the nation's leading single-source supplier of gases, welding, and safety products. Known locally nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise. This is a second shift position - 1:00 pm - 9:30 pm - Monday through Friday. As a Fill Plant Operator II your key responsibilities are
Working with safety as the top priority, the Fill Plant Operator II is responsible for sorting of incoming cylinders, filling high pressure cylinders and portable liquid containers with compressed gases, removing and/or installing of valves in cylinders, operating knowledge of instrumentations required for FDA testing, testing of cylinders per FDA requirements and practice good housekeeping per appropriate regulations and company policy. ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
Qualifications: Successful candidates will :
- Operate forklift and handcart to safely load/unload compressed gas and liquid cylinders to and from delivery vehicles
- Identify, sort and palletize cylinders for efficient refilling and handling
- Complete truck manifest
- May be required to weigh cylinders
- May be required to perform the dock stock responsibilities
- May be required to adjust cylinder distribution if inventory is low
- May inspect cylinders prior to filling, using standard operating procedures
- May remove and replace labels
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Have good math and reading skills
- Have the ability to organize, prioritize, and communicate well
- Have the ability to read and comprehend load sheets and material safety data sheets (MSDS).
- Be able to work occasional overtime, if necessary.
- Be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
- Be able to work in an industrial setting, outdoors in temperatures ranging from -10 to over 110 degrees.
- Be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.
: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand, walk, and/or sit during the course of the job for prolonged periods of time, up to 8 hours; frequent bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, grasping, feeling, and repetitive motion is also required; and the ability to smell leaking gas from cylinders. The associate is occasionally required to climb, balance, kneel, crawl, push, and/or pull. The associate must be able to perform heavy work, routinely lifting up to 75 lbs. and occasionally lifting greater than 76 lbs. with the aid of material handling equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance and color vision; depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Reimbursement and much more...!
What do our Team Members have to say about being part of the team?
- "Great place to work with great growth potential" - Director, Atlanta
- "Opportunity to advance and a great safety program" - Driver, Cheshire
- "Fun people to work with and flexible management" - Sales Specialist
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.