What you will do
Manage the production employees' functions in assigned work areas to assure support of all components of manufacturing required to meet the needs and requirements of internal and external customers. This is accomplished through the following duties and responsibilities. This position is second shift, 3:00 pm - 11:00 pm
How you will do it
What we look for
- Maintain productivity levels according to plant goals.
- Coordinate daily or weekly production plans with Department Leaders in assigned work areas.
- Work with management in a joint effort to provide the worker with a safe attitude, safe surroundings and safe equipment.
- Responsible for job assignments and time management for indirect projects within assigned areas
- Provides and or request skills training for all newly hired employees and refresher training for all employees on an as required basis, as well as updating employee training records.
- Maintains proper housekeeping in assigned work areas
- Assures employees follow all rules and regulations for the JCI Albany Plant, and to follow disciplinary processes as required.
- Completes final quality Inspections of manufactured units prior to call for Quality Department Final Inspection.
- Provides all required documentation to file prior to Final Quality Inspection.
- Identifies employee resource requirements according to workload in assigned areas.
- Maintains on-time shipping goals based upon on-time unit start dates.
- Assures that assigned production employees are trained to and do follow written construction standards.
- Assures that assigned production employees are trained to and do follow all Quality standards.
- Maintains daily labor and attendance records.
- Controls manufacturing coded warranty on assigned units - not to exceed plant goals.
- Identifies materials variances and work with appropriate personnel to reduce such variances.
- Provides on-schedule updates to the production schedule.
- Adheres to the Company's Code of Conduct and Business Ethics standards.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
- Requires an Associate's Degree from an accredited college and a minimum of two (2) years experience in a manufacturing related field with experience managing groups or teams, as well as strong production planning skill sets. In the absence of an Associate's degree, this position requires a total of seven (3) to ten (5) years' experience in a manufacturing related field.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, JIT, Kanban, SPC and TMP are preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite Applications (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint), as well as Internet software and E-mail is required.
Who we are
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.