Eaton’s Aerospace in North Charleston, SC is seeking a Quality Manager.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, this position gives direction to the quality systems and engineering function. This position provides leadership, mentoring, evaluation and development of the quality engineers, quality supervisor, heat treat specialist and NDT Level 3 along with in-direct support to the inspection team. In addition the Quality Manager will facilitate problem solving, ensure coordination and communication of corrective and preventive actions, and assist the plant manager in system development and maintenance. The Quality Manager will also provide means of escalation in support of customer satisfaction, corrective action and quality leading indicator initiatives. Additionally, the incumbent will encourage and support employee participation at all levels in the resolution of product quality problems, implement employee recognition, and promote positive company-oriented attitudes towards quality assurance and reliability of Eaton Aerospace products.
Develop, implement and monitor performance against short and long-range plans to achieve quality engineering and quality system objectives.
Ensure the sustainment of Eaton Aerospace Quality Best Practices.
Drive the quality culture and closely monitor quality leading indicators.
Manage PPAP Council along with Quality Council executing process improvement and Poka Yoke.
Identify needs, and develop the quality engineering function and quality systems
- Develop or modify quality procedures, metrics and processes to achieve quality and on time delivery goals.
- Provide direction to ensure compliance with all applicable customer requirements and government regulations involving product quality.
- Select and develop competent quality engineers, other direct reports and in plant auditors to ensure quality goals are achieved.
- Drive corrective action and preventive action for timely and effective completion.
- Assist as required in all technical qualify functions as necessary.
- Assure effective communication and reporting to customers
- Assure compliance with control phase of quality systems and initiatives such as internal auditing, statistical process control and testing.
- Provide support and leadership to Quality Engineering in new product development.
- Support the development and utilization of quality feedback tools to maintain and implement "lessons learned".
- Support the achievement of Cost of Quality, goals as identified by the Plant Manager, Regional Quality Manager and Quality Director.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum four (4) years in Quality in a plant-manufacturing environment.
- Minimum of two (2) years in a quality supervision or management role in a manufacturing environment.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- Technical degree preferred
- Certified Quality Management is preferred
- Master’s Degree Preferred
- Black Belt preferred
- Strong Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing Background also preferred
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.