As part of Arconic Power and Propulsion and our new plant expansion in LaPorte, this position is responsible for providing an interface between customers and in-house personnel, performs various sales and marketing activities, and coordinates internal proceedings to maintain and/or enhance customer relations for our LaPorte Castings business.
- Reviews and is responsible for accurate customer order placement and contract review
- Communicates with regular and prospective customers to solicit orders or talk with them regarding other customer service related concerns. This could be by telephone, written correspondence, or visitation (to or from).
- Quotes prices, credit terms, process capabilities, and delivery times to customers. Follows up on quotes to pursue business and determine status. Follows up with customers to resolve credit and accounts receivable issues.
- Forecasts monthly and annual budgets and monitors customer demand performance to projected revenue and margin goals
- Facilitates the achievement of monthly revenue target goals and serves as a liaison between customers desires and plant goals
Job responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Preparing complex quotes for current and prospective customers.
- Processes order-related paperwork.
- Prepares and issues reports.
- Assists in formulating budgets and monitoring performance.
- Complies with all EHS rules required for the work environment.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Effective negotiation, interpersonal, and communication skills are necessary.
- Ability to lead a collaborative cross functional team
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products required.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
Bachelors Degree from an accredited institution
Minimum 1 year of sales or customer service experience.
This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.Preferred Qualifications
Experience in sales, finance, engineering, production or customer service within a manufacturing environment