Grow with us as a Plant Sanitarian as you develop and oversee the daily application of core sanitation activities. Lead with us as you will identify and deliver programs and processes essential to our plant food safety operations. Engage with us as you grow your career at Kellogg and enrich yourself as you work for a company that delights the world through foods and brands that matter. WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
In your role as a Sanitation Program Manager at Kellogg, you will be part of our success by:
Qualifications: WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
- Being accountable for holistic direction of plant sanitation program for plant, warehouse and plant grounds. This includes compliance with all local, state and federal regulations and all food safety policies and procedures
- Being responsible for monthly management of sanitation budget and adherence to budget forecasts
- Manage contracted programs for sanitation and pests control to ensure completion of sanitation and pest control activities including the maintenance and adherence to the Master Sanitation Schedule (MSS)
- Working closely with engineering and maintenance to identify capital expense needs and ensuring appropriate preventative maintenance programs are utilized and to provide input to be utilized during medium and large scale projects
- Evaluating facility sanitary conditions, assessing risk based on food safety and public health principles, prioritizing corrective actions, and verifying sanitation activities and validation testing
- Maintaining and writing detailed clean up procedures and Safety Standard Operating Procedures for all plant equipment, driving towards reduced water and air usage
- Engaging technical experts from corporate, industry experts, and chemical / equipment suppliers to troubleshoot any sanitation challenges and identifying novel technologies and methodologies
- Developing and implementing all sanitation related training for sanitation and plant employees as needed
As well as a hunger to learn and succeed in Manufacturing, to be considered for this position you must be able to meet the following requirements:
- High School Diploma and extensive experience in plant quality/food safety/sanitation
- Frequently demonstrated experience in sanitation and food safety
- Knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
- Bachelor's degree and experience in plant quality/food safety/sanitation or MS degree in food science
The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time, work overtime as needed and the ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For additional information, please follow this Link for English or this Link for Spanish.
A little about us: