Johnson Controls is looking for an exceptional manufacturing leader to join our Airside team. We have an exciting career opportunity for a Senior Plant Production Manager who will be responsible for leading a manufacturing team of more than 250 direct employees and 5-6 Production Supervisors for a 24 hour/day operation. What you will do
How you will do it
- Allocates and manages resources (manpower, equipment and materials) to optimize production output with respect to safety, quality, delivery, and cost.
- Responsible for driving safety performance in the plant to achieve zero injuries; furthermore, facilitates risk reduction by supporting the development of Potential Hazard Identification Lists (PHIL's) for each job task.
- Ensure quality standards are being met throughout the entire production process and support no defects from leaving a station or team area.
- Adjusts plant capacity to achieve 100% on-time delivery.
- Monitors Key Performance Indicator's daily to assess performance; furthermore, develops and implements associated improvement plans.
- Support issue resolution including root cause investigation & corrective action tracking.
- Develops training programs and hiring plans for production associates.
- Maintains effective working relationship and communication with all departments and sees to the professional development of all assigned personnel.
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives in the manufacturing area.
- Supports the implementation of and continued adherence to Lean Manufacturing and 5S initiatives.
- Analyzes operational performance and develops priorities for improvements.
- Supports the implementation of the Johnson Controls Manufacturing System (JCMS) with focus on achieving level 5 maturity.
The Senior Production Manager will maintain effective working relationships and communication with all departments and see to the professional development of all assigned personnel.
#external What we look for
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Engineering or Business
- Minimum of 7 years of progressive leadership in a fast paced, high volume manufacturing environment.
- Strong analytic problem solving skills.
- Able to work well under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines.
- Experience in hiring and developing new team members in a production environment.
- Communicate clearly using excellent written and verbal skills.
- Strong organization skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
Who we are
- Master's in Business Administration (MBA) preferred
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.