Air Products and Chemicals, Inc., a Fortune 500 manufacturer of industrial gases and chemicals, has an immediate opening for a Site Supervisor having responsibility for two Generated Gases on-site plants; an air separation facility in East Fishkill, NY and a nitrogen generator in Yorktown Heights, NY.
To apply for this position, please visit the Air Products Career Center at: www.airproducts.com/careers You can apply specifically to req #19887BR
The East Fishkill site provides nitrogen and high purity oxygen to a semiconductor facility. The site also manages other bulk gases for the facility. The Yorktown Heights facility provides nitrogen to a large R&D facility.
The Site Supervisor will have a wide range of responsibilities supporting facility operations and customer relations. This role will require the candidate to obtain an understanding of all aspects of the site's responsibilities (plant operation, maintenance, troubleshooting and customer communications) with a specific focus on leadership and operating skills at the on-site facilities. These sites are operated and maintained with a team consisting of two supervisors.
The candidate must be self-motivated, safety conscious, a good communicator and possess good organization, operating and mechanical skills.
Key Responsibilities for this position include:
- Safety performance, BSP compliance and process safety management
- Promote and support customer relations through effective communications
- Performing and maintaining all administrative responsibilities for the two sites
- Support all aspects of the day to day operation, including:
- Troubleshooting plant process or mechanical problems, coordinating maintenance activities, driving plant efficiency and plant projects
- 24/7 on-call responsibilities for response to plant alarms and shutdowns
- Identifying maintenance concerns, developing and implementing corrective/preventive measures while working within planned maintenance budgets
- Working and communicating regularly and effectively with the North America Operating Service Center (OSC), asset manager, regional maintenance manager, tech support team and line manager
Candidates for this position will be evaluated on the following:
- A track record of success in EH&S and Quality
- A self-starter with proven leadership abilities -- Self-led and highly motivated to plan and ensure the completed execution of all tasks required by our safety, environmental and engineering standards.
- Strong operating experience in similar plants or operations of similar complexity with a talent for effectively identifying and troubleshooting problems
- A track record in driving continuous improvement
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work well independently with equal ability to work very effectively as a team.
- Demonstrated computer skills
* Minimum high school diploma or equivalent
* 5 years experience.
Air Products offers a comprehensive benefits package including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance and retirement plans.
Air Products (NYSE:APD) is a world-leading Industrial Gases company in operation for over 75 years. The company's core Industrial Gases business provides atmospheric and process gases and related equipment to manufacturing markets, including refining and petrochemical, metals, electronics, and food and beverage. Air Products is also the world's leading supplier of liquefied natural gas process technology and equipment. The company's Performance Materials Division serves the polyurethanes, cleaning and coatings, and adhesives industries. The company had fiscal 2016 sales of $9.5 billion and has a current market capitalization of approximately $30 billion. Approximately 17,000 employees in 50 countries strive to make Air Products the world's safest and best performing Industrial Gases company, providing sustainable offerings and excellent service to all customers.
If you are a current Air Products employee, please apply via APOnline by clicking on Applications, Human Resources U.S., then selecting Career Center.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by Air Products, will be contacted.
Air Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.) All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status.
Opportunities for veterans with experience in instrument, electrical, and mechanical environments.