Airgas USA, LLC is hiring a working Production Supervisor
in Elk Grove Village, IL
Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward?
Discover an exciting Career with Airgas as a working Production Supervisor
! Discover an exciting Career with Airgas! Airgas USA, LLC, an Air Liquide company, is the nation's leading single-source supplier of gases, welding, and safety products. Known locally nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise. GENERAL SUMMARY:
The Production Supervisor supervises the day to day activities for the industrial, specialty and medical distribution and gas filling operations. This position assists with managing all gas cylinder processing, ultrasonic testing, and compliance with all Food & Drug Administration (FDA), Department of Transportation (DOT), Occupational Health & Safety Administration (OSHA), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), SAFECORE, and other business related compliance activities. ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Qualifications: MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties. Required Education:
- Supervises the activities of the plant personnel to accomplish job duties.
- Partners with other Plant Supervisors to ensure smoothday-to-day operations.
- Promotes a strong safety and compliance culture correcting unsafe acts or conditions without delay.
- Assigns task to workers according to customers' needs, current stock levels and worker's expertise.
- Studies production schedules and estimates worker-hour requirements for completion of job assignments.
- Maintains time and production records.
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
- Implements measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, quality of product, and changes working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of work crew. Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Recommends or initiates associate actions, such as new hires, promotions, transfers, discharges, performance improvement and disciplinary measures.
- Trains new workers and cross trains employees to continue production during personnel shortages.
- Provides assistance to the Plant Manager with regard to planning and managing capital investments.
- Coordinates the proper inventory levels of supplies and equipment.
- Additional duties and projects as may be assigned.
Required Length & Type of Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in a Science, Business or related degree field required. In lieu of degree, consideration for up to 4 years of additional related experience may be accepted.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- A minimum of 2 years of demonstrated experience working in a leadership role within a distribution environment. Prefer prior technical experience with compressed gases, gas analysis and gas lab equipment.
- Prior experience utilizing SAP preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The characteristics listed below are representative of the physical demands required by an individual to successfully perform the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Strong analytical skills and a thorough understanding of how to leverage metrics and related tools to improve productionefficiency and effectiveness.
- Excellent oral and writtencommunication skills. Communication skills that ensure a smooth flow of information between self and others through clear speaking and writing, encouragement of open expression of ideas, and effective listening.
- Demonstrated knowledge of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in all units of measure using whole numbers, fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratios, and percent.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter; self-motivated; well organized; ability to work independently.
- Detail oriented with the ability to complete handwritten compliance documentation neatly and accurately.
- Demonstrated dedication to product quality and customer satisfaction.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The characteristics listed below are representative of the work environment typically encountered by an individual while performing the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Able to talk, walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crawl or crouch.
- Specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus objects.
- Regularly required to stand, bend, stoop, crouch, reach, grasp, feel and talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, feel or use a calculator or computer; and reach with hands and arms
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 60 pounds and move up to 125 pounds with the aid of material handling equipment.
- Minimal travel required.
- Work space is one that contains moving mechanical parts and risk of electric shock.
- Requires both indoor & outdoor environments in various seasonal weather conditions. Must be able to work in temperatures ranging from -10 to over 100 degrees.
- Work environment may contain loud noises and odors that may last for long periods of time or on a continual basis.
The above stated duties are intended to outline those functions typically performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This description of duties is not intended to be all-inclusive or to limit the discretionary authority of supervisors to assign other tasks of similar nature or level of responsibility nor does it imply an employment agreement.
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Reimbursement and much more...!
What do our Team Members have to say about being part of the team?
"Great place to work with great growth potential" - Director, Atlanta
"Opportunity to advance and a great safety program" - Driver, Cheshire
"Fun people to work with and flexible management" - Sales Specialist
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.