Shire is the leading global biotechnology company focused on serving people with rare diseases and other highly specialized conditions. We have best-in-class products available in more than 100 countries across core therapeutic areas including Hematology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Lysosomal Storage Disorders, Gastrointestinal / Internal Medicine / Endocrine and Hereditary Angioedema; a growing franchise in Oncology; and an emerging, innovative pipeline in Ophthalmics. Our employees come to work every day with a shared mission: to develop and deliver breakthrough therapies for the hundreds of millions of people in the world affected by rare diseases and other high-need conditions, and who lack effective therapies to live their lives to the fullest.
A subsidiary of Shire, BioLife is an industry leader in operating high quality plasmapheresis centers throughout the United States. At BioLife Plasma Services, we excel at caring. Caring for the quality of our lifesaving services, caring for the donors who help make it happen, and caring for the communities we call home. Improving Lives. Improving life for everyone.
BioLife's employment opportunities are among the best, offering competitive pay, immediate benefits, paid time off, on the job training, advancement potential AND an environment full of fast-paced fun all while working to save lives. Job Summary Primary Role
Responsible for managing the operations of plasma collection facility, to include financial, marketing, administrative, regulatory, quality, personnel and facilities management functions. Supervises the daily functions and staff activities across departments to optimize operational efficiency.Essential Functions Responsibilities
- Employee development (60%):
- Initiate and deliver staff communications, network and local.
- Oversee and ensure all employees are properly, timely, and accurately trained in technical areas.
- Providing timely and accurate feedback to both hourly and exempt staff members.
- Developing employee talent, through regular meetings, goal check-ins, development plans, etc.
- Administer year-end review process and compensation changes.
- Assist in management of the recruiting process. (i.e. - phone screens, interviews, offers, on-boarding)
- May support and conduct management training.
- Provide leadership to ensure donor retention, high customer service levels, production monitoring and cost data.
- Operations Management (40%):
Education & Experience Requirements Essential:
- Supervise the operations within the facility:
- Maintain compliance with all federal, state, local and company regulations related to quality of product, employee and donor safety.
- Manage facility audit processes and help to resolve any related issues that arise from the audit:
- Collaborating with Regional Manager and management team to prepare for and host internal and external auditors.
- Ensuring timely response and closure to audit observations.
- Perform analysis of related data to promote efficient operations:
- Forecasting and attaining production and cost goals, while assuring compliance with Shire, local and federal regulations.
- Resolve related facility issues and manage inquiries for facility information.
- May assist in center production issues.
High School Diploma or equivalent required. Desired:
Associates or Bachelor's degree highly desirable. Key Skills and Competencies
- Living our leadership behaviors is a basic expectation for all Shire employees. Shire expects all employees to embody the following:
Other Job Components Complexity and Problem Solving
- Be Positive
- Be Accountable
- Be Results Oriented
- Be An Excellent Manager of Self and Others
- Minimum of three years' experience preferably in a medical or other regulated field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, leadership, organizational and technical skills.
- Ability to attract, retain, motivate and develop a team of diverse individuals. Demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize, and communicate with senior management.
- Requires weekend and extended work periods.
Internal and External Contacts
- Responsible for providing exceptional customer service to donors (external) and fellow employees (internal)
- Refers to Group/Regional management for guidance on high-impact and/or sensitive decisions (internal)
- Advises and counsels all staff on operational, safety, and customer service concerns. (internal)
- Delivers performance and review feedback to all staff. (Internal)
- Reports to Group Manager and/or Regional Operations Manager (Internal)
- Consults center management teams to effectively problem solve, ensure safety of staff and donors, and provide an exceptional customer experience. (internal)
- Coordinates with external vendors and contractors for building maintenance and other contracted services. (External)
- May participate in the management of projects and new initiatives within the center or across centers.
- Supports the center management team in identifying operational opportunities for continuous improvement, initiating changes to center processes as needed, through use of company approved procedures (including but not limited to 5S, Value Stream Mapping and Kaizen).
- Requires ability to stand and walk for entire work shift.
- Potential exposure to blood borne pathogens.
- Requires occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching, leaning, reaching above shoulders and below knees, and lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Requires ability to communicate verbally with donors, in person and on the phone.
- Must have fine motor coordination, depth perception, and ability to hear equipment sounds from a distance.
- Potential exposures to blood borne pathogens
- Occasional travel. (Less than 10%)