Eaton Crouse-Hinds in Syracuse, New York is looking for a Plate Line Operator for our 1st shift.
Perform all required/repetitive duties to load, unload, rack, hang, spray paint, wash, into barrels, etc. a variety of materials and components assigned, to and from conveyors, paint hooks/tables, trees, trucks etc. prior to and after zinc plating, and department painting processes, following prescribed MWI procedures.
- Apply paint to obtain prime coats, finish coats, and wrinkle coats avoiding runs, beads, clogged holes, sags, pinholes, and other painting defects.
- Clean, wash, deburr and prepare metal surfaces of castings and sheet metal parts of such materials as aluminum, bronze, brass, iron, steel, etc. through wash tanks.
- Clean, and/or electroplate ,bonderize preparatory to painting/plating or clean and run parts through series of acid dips and wash to obtain uniform bright dip and passivation on materials not to be painted using hoist or by hand.
- Apply such coatings as nickel, copper, zinc, cadmium, etc. to material as directed.
- Inspect raw castings to determine if suitable for painting. Inspect all painted/plate surfaces, materials/parts for excessive moisture during “blow off” station, defects and separate material insuring that quality standards are maintained.
- Operate and maintain conveyorized dip painting station to paint various parts after finishing process.
- Duties include operation and monitor of all Plating Department systems, adding chemicals, water, and paint to maintain specified concentrations, viscosity, temperature and pH of solutions as directed.
- React to all chemical spills by containing according to detailed instructions from supervisor and/or group leader.
- Make minor adjustments to painting equipment, controls, rectifiers, solution filters, valves, levels, oil float.
- Report material/quality problems, and equipment malfunctions to the supervisor and or group leader.
- Mask, wrap, assemble or otherwise protect and cover surfaces which are not to be painted.
- Remove protective masking or wrapping after painting and or baking operations.
- Protect painted surfaces as directed.
- Unpack products as directed and/or following detailed instructions.
- Place material into proper shipping or storage containers to prevent damage to painted surfaces.
- Duties performed at any work station assigned to the meaker plating process as directed by supervisor and /or group leader.
- Follow environmental procedures and or methods as directed.
- Operate electric or gas lift truck/walkie stacker to pick up, load/unload transport and deliver parts in process, raw castings, tools, portable carts and other materials around the department, from station to station, to and from storage areas, work areas, and other departments as directed.
- Clean excess residue coating from hooks, racks, fixtures, tanks, equipment, and materials as prescribed or directed. Prerack parts as required.
- Rework as directed using files, grinders, routers or other tools. Perform total productive/preventative maintenance (TPM) activities such as minor maintenance that includes cleaning, inspection, (adjusting) solutions and /or equipment, minor lubrication and tightening of loose bolts.
- Duties involve filling out logs and/or checklist on system and process operational status, following prescribed routines or detailed instructions requiring minor decisions and some judgment.
- Perform other minor duties as directed. Solutions tested and maintained by others but incumbent is required to assist in the maintenance of solutions.
- Detect and report defective material and faulty operations. Refer questionable cases to supervision.
- Maintain work area in a clean, safe and orderly condition. Sweep and mop, as directed.
- Follow prescribed or standard safety rules and regulations.
High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate geographic area of Syracuse, NY will be considered for this position
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.