Great - and always improving – engineering strategies are an essential ingredient of our current and future success. We are actively seeking talented engineering specialists who can own management and administration of applications and systems in production and can drive reliability and performance across a massive scale by mastering the full depth of the stack. As an engineering specialist, you will have the opportunity to tackle complex problems of scale which are unique to tech companies while using your expertise in delivery and support of mission critical services.
- Managing Current MFT (Manage File Transfer) platform from a technology perspective.
- Applying application patches.
- Creating system enhancements.
- Solving complex problems within the environment.
- Integrating the software with enterprise infrastructure.
- Support and deliver within Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipelines
- Influencing resiliency and scalability in production environments in Amazon Web Services and other cloud platforms
- Enabling systems with automated monitoring and alerting
- Supporting web applications built using open source stack
- Configuring SFTP, FTPS, and HTTPS file transfers
- Work with network, load balancer, and firewall teams to install manage file transfer products
- Systematic problem solving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- At least 2 years of experience in designing and installing MFT products
- At least 5 years maintaining an MFT product
- At least 5 years of experience in Sterling File Gateway OR at least 5 years of another MFT product
- At least 1 year of experience with Connect: Enterprise and Connect: Direct
- At least 5 years of experience with Unix or at least 5 years of experience with Linux
- At least 1 year of experience with ITIL practices and principles.
- Master’s Degree
- 2+ years of AWS cloud services configuration & administration
- 1+ year of experience Restful web/API services support and deployment
- 1+ year of Linux, UNIX, or OpenStack administration
- 1+ year of Web server administration
- 2+ years of web development experience
- Technical certification(s) in Cloud or Open Source technologies
Capital One will consider sponsorship for this position.