As a Platform Relationship Manager and member of Morgan Stanley Investment Management's Wealth Advisor Relationship Management Team, the individual will support a growing sales organization in building a distribution footprint in the Wealth Advisor Channel. The Platform Relationship Manager role will focus on developing relationships with key decision makers on the research/due diligence teams and ultimately drive assets and sales through research coverage and firm discretionary platform opportunities.
- Work in coordination with Relationship Managers to understand overall focus firm's business strategy.
- Develop and maintain relationships with focus firm research clients (Directors of Research, CIO's and strategy analysts)
-Develop investment placement business plan for each focus firm focused on retaining current placement and identifying new opportunities.
- Understand and maintain a working knowledge of firm platforms and manager evaluation process.
- Understand and effectively communicate all MSIM investment management and distribution capabilities to clients including appropriately managing the investment professional involvement in client meetings.
- Knowledgeable in the capital markets/economic views, portfolio construction , portfolio level activity, and competitive landscape
• 8 years of relevant experience.
• Series 7, 63 and/or 66 Licenses required
• Bachelor's degree required; CFA is preferred.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
• High degree of professionalism, organizational and time management skills, with the ability to work well under pressure while managing multiple responsibilities
• Demonstrated success in taking initiative and delivering immediate and independent action to solve business problems
• Commitment to a team-oriented environment and a willingness to openly share ideas and leverage the expertise of others in order to generate new ideas
• Experience using research analytical tools including Zephyr Style Advisor and Morningstar Direct
• Travel Required
A little about us:
Since its founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley and its people have helped redefine the meaning of financial services.