*Platform Software Engineer – Austin, TX *
As a platform software engineer, you’ll work with an experienced team of engineers to develop BIOS and/or firmware/software for next generation tablet, notebook, workstation, and desktop products to drive industry leading IP / feature development. You’ll apply skills and experience across the full cycle of software development (specifications, reviews, development and review, debug and validation) to enable features and capabilities of platforms in areas like thermal, power management, security, manageability, and manufacturability.
* Contribute to the development, review, analysis and implementation of Dell differentiating platform software features for next generation Dell products
* Participate in product development in all stages from planning and design to development and testing.
* Code/debug and guide others to code/debug flexible, scalable and complex programs, using either written or verbal design specifications.
* Contribute to the design and architecture of high-quality systems management software.
* Provides the review, analysis and closed-loop corrective action for issues contributing to software defects and business process problems.
* Presents accurate project status to senior leadership, at both a summary and detailed level.
* Prepares technical documents used internally and externally to provide both summary and detailed technical information other teams require to complete projects and tasks.
* 8-10 years’ experience in developing system level application that manage/configure BIOS settings.
* Technical problem solving skills / debug capabilities using analyzers and other HW tools to debug complex system SW issues
* Strong expertise with higher level programming (apps / tools) using C, C or C# and Agile software development methodologies
* Expertise in IT infrastructure management using WMI, PowerShell or Python is strongly desired
* Expertise with Intel / AMD system architectures
* Experience working with Industry forums for spec development like UEFI, DMTF, PCI Sig, ACPI, etc
* Ability to take ideas from concept phase to delivery. This includes creating design docs, scoping design and requirements, detailed spec creation, Proof of Concept design and implementation/productizi*/Company Description/*
/With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success./
*/Why work with us?/*
· Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
· When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
· Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
· We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
· Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
*Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.*
"LIAM1" "DCAM1" "MOAM1" "CBAM1"
**Job:** **Engineering - Platform Software Engineer*
**Organization:** **Client Solutions*
**Title:** *Platform Software Principal Engineer - CS17*
**Requisition ID:** *16000P4B*