Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Business Analyst candidate will join the Alternative Investments (AI) Platform Solutions Team, covering both technology and advisory programs. The team is responsible for leading strategic initiatives as well as critical diagnostic and reengineering efforts throughout the business, with the ultimate goal of improving the financial advisor and client experience while improving operating and financial performance. Examples of key initiatives including expanding the alternative investment product suite across both advisory and brokerage platform and delivering industry leading reporting tools and efficiencies to our advisors/clients. The candidate will work closely with the various groups within the AI business (sales, product, investor relations, etc.) and across Wealth Management to manage initiatives throughout the program development life cycle.
Key responsibilities include:
• Assist with the development of business requirements with an emphasis on process redesign and improvement
• Collaborate with IT, the Alternative Investments Business and Operations on the development and management of User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
• Conduct test planning and execution across Alternative Investment applications
• Communicate test results to relevant stakeholders
• Coordinate and ensure QA interaction, process, and testing
• Partner with cross-functional business units to communicate requirements, status and delivery of system enhancements
• Coordinate with the Alternative Investments Technology Team to escalate and resolve issues/defects as appropriate
• Maintain disciplined program and project delivery in accordance with established standards
• 2 to 3 years of project experience (preferably in a financial services context)
• Organized and attention to detail focused
• Problem solving skills with the ability to identify and escalate risks
• Self-starter with the ability to multi-task with limited supervision
• Microsoft Excel proficient
• Application/software development background will be helpful but is not required
• Strong communication (i.e. verbal, written, presentation) and relationship skills
• Ability to effectively communicate and work collaboratively in a team environment
• Ability to approach problems as challenges and deal with them constructively; promotes this approach to other stakeholders
A little about us:
Since its founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley and its people have helped redefine the meaning of financial services.