Recognized as an expert within the company. Anticipates internal and or external business challenges and/or regulatory issues; recommends process, product or service improvements. Solves unique and complex problems that have a broad impact on the business. Contributes to the development of functional strategy. Leads project teams to achieve milestones and objectives. Progression to this level is typically restricted on the basis of business requirements.
- Leads the supplier technical audit process and evaluate supplier performance and capability, drive continuous improvement opportunities at supplier in the areas of Plating and Anodizing.
- Leads quality problem resolutions and incident management, drive root cause and corrective action. Identifies and drives broad based systemic supplier resolutions at the process level.
- Work with New Product Development teams to ensure the integrity and clarity of engineering drawing requirements and all expectations are communicated effectively to supporting suppliers
- Participation with New Product Introduction teams to ensure suppliers are involved in the development and review of specifications to promote design for manufacturability.
- Evaluates technical requirements of new and existing products. Applies knowledge of qualified sources and products to recommend materials to Design Engineering, which would result in savings, lead time reductions, system improvements, increased life and/or mitigated risk.
- Continuous involvement in the Supplier Selection Process to develop a supply base that provides competitive advantage in quality, value/cost, delivery and technology.
- Assist Engineering by challenging existing manufacturing methods to recommend and develop a more cost effective and/or more reliable products that will improve our competitive position
- Training of other supplier engineers on the supplier audit, evaluation process and provides mentoring for less experienced engineers in the team
Regarded as the technical expert in the following technical areas;
- Plating ( Electroless Nickel Plating , EP, Anodize, optical coating, thin film coating)
- Materials science and analysis
Demonstrates in-depth and/or breadth of expertise in own discipline and broad knowledge of other disciplines within the function
- Effectively suggest solutions to control and reduce Micro-contaminations
- Familiar with fabrication and manufacturing of semiconductor components made of various materials viz. E-chucks, heaters, susceptors
- Anticipates business and regulatory issues; recommends product, process or service improvements
- Leads projects with notable risk and complexity; develops the strategy for project execution
- Solves unique and complex problems with broad impact on the business; requires conceptual and innovative thinking to develop solutions
- In-depth understanding and use of various problem solving methodologies, such as 8D, six sigma, etc.
- Impacts the direction of project; works within general functional policies and industry guidelines
- Communicates complex ideas, anticipates potential objections and persuades others, often at senior levels, to adopt a different point of view
- Is a good team member and engages enthusiastically in various technical discussions
- Bachelor's Degree a must (advanced degree, i.e., master or Ph.D. strongly preferred)
10-15 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A little about us:
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.