Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 160,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk . Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
We are looking for an individual to fill this role at our VPP Star-certified facility in Lincoln, Nebraska. The engineer will be responsible for a batch Plating chemical process utilizing Nickel, Tin and Zinc. They will prepare environmental reports such as Tier II, Form R, and DMR’s and ensure compliance with both safety and environmental regulations. Provides training in a variety of general safety, health, and environmental topics, specific program requirements, and specific job requirements. This position reports to the SH&E Manager. This job might be for you if you:
Sampling of Tasks
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Are flexible and have the ability to prioritize, work independently, manage projects and meet deadlines
- Are able to develop good working relationships and effectively manage change
- Have experience with chemical processes and/or working with Waste Water Treatment operations
- Are interested in engaging others to work safely!
- Can work well independently with little instruction or oversight on routine work
- Audits established programs and procedures to ensure compliance with Corporate/Plant Policies and Procedures
- Conduct hazard analysis to ensure proper use of machinery and equipment, personal protective equipment, and procedures
- Develops and prepares reports of findings with recommendations for corrective action
- Identifies opportunities to increase functional safety/environmental productivity by utilizing personal computer technology
- Maintain Occupational Health, Environment and Safety Management System to conform to ISO14001 and OHSAS 18001 standards
- Ascertain level of pollution and recommend appropriate action to management to assure conformance with federal, state and local legislation and regulations regarding environmental control
- Perform tests or experiments requiring the use of non-standard procedures and complex instrumentation related to the plating process
- Establishes and maintains safety, occupational health, and environmental programs that comply with applicable regulations and company policies and procedures
- Serve as a liaison between the company and regulatory agencies regarding environmental, safety and health control
- Continually optimize the plating process through quality, chemical and productivity improvements.
- Maintain WWT effluent discharge within permit limits
- Maintain appropriate flow rate through WWT through optimization of equipment and chemical use
- Utilize a variety of soft skills through employee engagement, creative communication, training and coaching
- May handle plant waste, both hazardous and non-hazardous, in a manner which will ensure compliance with local, Nebraska Department of Environmental Control (NDEC), and EPA regulations.
- Four-year degree in Safety/ Environmental/Health, IE, ME, Chemistry, Computer Science or equivalent.
- Must possess language skills/abilities to effectively write reports, business correspondence and procedures
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees, managers, vendors, government representatives, etc.
- Ability to operate a PC on a wide-area-network using Windows environment and Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) are required
- 1-3 years' experience in Safety, Health and Environmental field preferred
- Experience with plating (Ni, Cr, Sn) and waste water treatment or equivalent chemical experience and/or education
- Certified in Industrial Level 2 (minimum) Wastewater Treatment Facility Operator for the State of Nebraska or possess the ability to achieve certification within 12 months of hire date
CRITICAL JOB DEMANDS
- Ability to be self-motivated and work well with others
- Organizational, motivational and mechanical abilities, as well as good communication skills are necessary
- Frequent standing, walking and sitting
- Occasional climbing (stairs, ladders)
- Make critical decisions related to processing changes, addition of chemicals and quality factors
- Use basic and special physical test and inspection equipment
- Record and document production, quality, and machine information on required forms
- Ability to communicate (written and verbal) with outside Government and other organizations
- Visual requirements to perform safety inspections and monitor chemicals
- Plating area is hot and humid in the summer months and cool and humid during the winter months.
- Exposure to chemicals and moving equipment.
- Must adhere to factory regulations and safety rules.
- This position involves travel on an average of six times per year.
May handle plant waste, both hazardous and non-hazardous, in a manner which will ensure compliance with local, Nebraska Department of Environmental Control (NDEC), and EPA regulations. Hazardous waste handling may include any of the following: Drying wastes, containerizing wastes, moving wastes in-plant, offering wastes for shipment.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY . Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
We’re the global specialist in energy management and automation. Our technologies ensure that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.