Shire is the leading globalbiotechnology company focused on serving people with rare diseases and otherhighly specialized conditions. We have best-in-class products available in morethan 100 countries across core therapeutic areas including Hematology, Immunology,Neuroscience, Lysosomal Storage Disorders, Gastrointestinal / Internal Medicine/ Endocrine and Hereditary Angioedema; a growing franchise in Oncology; and anemerging, innovative pipeline in Ophthalmics.
Ouremployees come to work every day with a shared mission: to develop and deliverbreakthrough therapies for the hundreds of millions of people in the worldaffected by rare diseases and other high-need conditions, and who lackeffective therapies to live their lives to the fullest.
Improving Lives. Improving life for everyone. A subsidiary of Shire, BioLife is an industry leader in operating high quality plasmapheresis centers throughout the United States.
We are currently looking to fill part time, positions with hours ranging from 6:00am - 9:00pm Monday - Saturday. This position will typically work 30 hours/week.
Monitor waiting room for children whose parents/guardians are donating plasma and provide a safe and clean environment.
• Perform ID card and child/parent coordination for services related to supervised waiting room.
• Maintain and monitor child attendance log.
• Provide a clean and safe atmosphere for children through continuous monitoring and multi-tasking when room has more than one child. Coordinate replacement for breaks.
• Perform daily maintenance of room, toys and play surfaces.
• Perform universal precautions and wear appropriate PPE when caring for child/children.
• Plan for and provide appropriate activities for each age group.
• Report suspected child abuse, of any form, to Management.
• Maintain effective communication with management to ensure safe and clean supervised waiting room.
• Complete the Supervised Playroom Statistic sheet daily and turn into Management quarterly.
Supports the center management team in identifying operational opportunities for continuous improvement, initiating changes to center processes as needed, through use of company approved procedures (including but not limited to 5S, Value Stream Mapping and Kaizen). Frequently lifting up to 26 lbs; occasional lifting up to 50 lb.
Qualifications: Detail oriented.
• Ability to balance needs of children of varying age groups simultaneously.
• Certification in basic First Aid and CPR desired.
• Education and/or Experience: High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Requires previous childcare experience. Physical Demands/Work Environment: Frequently lifting up to 26 lbs; occasional lifting up to 50 lbs. Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire is an equal opportunity employer. Shire evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Shire is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
A little about us:
At Shire, we help people with rare diseases and specialized conditions live their lives to the fullest.