PLC Technician 3 - 3rd Shift
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Group of Companies develops and markets consumer healthcare, baby care, and beauty/skin care products that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals and incorporate the latest innovations. The portfolio includes heritage brand JOHNSON’S® Baby and leading skin care brands such as NEUTROGENA®, AVEENO®, and CLEAN & CLEAR®. Products are classified as OTC drugs and cosmetics.
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Group of Companies is seeking a Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) Technician 3 in Los Angeles, California. The PLC Technician 3 will be responsible for the construction, repair and maintenance of all electromechanical equipment (Hardware and Software) in the Formulation and Packaging-manufacturing floor.
• Construction, repair and maintenance of all electromechanical equipment (Hardware and Software) in the Formulation and Packaging-manufacturing floor.
• Repair and maintain electrical motors ranging from 110 VAC to 480 VAC, repair or replace Motor control circuits, install, repair and maintain safety electrical circuits such as door interlocks, E-stops, etc, install motor controllers, repair and troubleshoot solid state sensors, repair, troubleshoot and maintain control panels for wrappers, cartoners and bundlers.
• Troubleshooting relay logic circuits, repair and maintain pneumatic equipment, support mechanics during repair or installation of mechanical equipment, perform electrical installations across the Manufacturing floor.
• Working with equipment operators in monitoring all safety items on the machines and keeping these in optimal operating condition, performing major preventative maintenance activities on the production lines according to the assigned work.
• Performing maintenance activities with co-workers, communicate with production personnel regarding status of the lines, maintain records within designated logbook/CMMS, of repairs as well as parts and components consumed by the equipment.
• Ordering parts or spares with appropriate follow up as needed, perform other duties and functions as dictated by the needs of the department and plant, responsible for following the established LOTO Procedures and for working with the established GMP Procedures.
Associates Degree required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Technical disciplines preferred.
Experiences and Skills:
• Minimum 4 years of related work experience building, repairing and maintaining automation equipment required.
• Experience installing and setting up instrumentation such as temperature controllers, chart recorders, encoders, is preferred.
• Programming experience with Siemens and AB PLC systems, and working experience with Waukesha and Sterling pumps, 1 phase to 3 phases is preferred.
• Knowledge of Equipment Automation and Networking topology is required.
• The ability to fabricate mid-scale Automation and MCC control panels that meet UL standards is preferred.
• The ability to perform in-house calibration where applicable is preferred.
• Previous experience in calibrating and setting up Temperature, Vacuum, Pressure, and PH controls is preferred.
• Hands on electrical troubleshooting skills are required.
• Knowledge and hands on experience with Solid State sensors is required.
• Previous work experience with TTL circuits is preferred.
• The ability to work with various types of power driven technology, such as VFD, Servo, Stepper, AC and DC is required.
• Knowledge of DC sensing and signal pickup devices: Photo electric, Inductive, NPN, PNP, 4-20ma etc. is preferred.
• PLC programming and troubleshooting knowledge is required.
• The ability to utilize complicated drawings, mathematics handbook formulas, and a variety of precision measuring instruments is preferred.
• The ability to read and understand Ladder Electrical Diagrams in both US and European formats is required.
• Working experience with Pacific Fillers, Norden, Jones, Resina, Pester or Omega equipment is preferred.
• The ability to comprehend of mechanical part functions and ability to cross-reference manuals is preferred.
• The ability to understand fundamental pneumatic and hydraulic concepts and drawings is preferred.
• The ability to apply and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals is required.
United States-California-Los AngelesOrganization
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)Job Function
Production MaintenanceRequisition ID