At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a PLM/CAD Administrator for the PSD SCBA/Fire Solutions lab located in Monroe, North Carolina. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.Job Summary
The person hired for the position of PLM/CAD Administrator
supports business tools by collaborating with teams working with PLM/PDM systems, MCAD/ECAD tools, change workflows, and product documentation. Additionally, this functional role requires an in-depth understanding of discrete manufacturing business process, engineering product definition, Bill of Material (BOM) configuration management and change control business systems.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Support and administration of Autodesk Vault, Inventor, PTC Creo, Altium and Enovia
- Functional support for the enhancement, development, implementation, migration, and upgrade of CAD/PDM/PLM systems
- Level I support across all Engineering applications
- Provide expert knowledge of PDM vault configuration and data management
- Security administration of new user or group permissions
- Support the management of PDM configuration (setup, folders, moving/deleting/rollback of vault files)
- Support meta-data and systems configuration management (data cards, search, system variables, etc.)
- Review license usage and needs to support all users
- Act as an advocate of PLM/CAD best practices, methods, and processes
- Create documentation and training guidelines
- Support users in the application of CAD software and the proper use of the CAD storage vault and associated workflows
- Perform end user training and serve as a mentor and/or trainer for the staff
- Understanding of configuration management best practices throughout the product lifecycle
- Work with supply chain, engineering, manufacturing, quality, program management, and other supporting functions in order to accurately structure new products and document product changes as part of the product development, continuous improvement, and sustaining engineering processes
- Interface with all key internal customers in order to accurately process changes and structure new products
- Own and manage complex change workflows
- Familiar with the Engineering Services Administrators daily tasks and capable of providing back up as needed
- ERP data entry
- Drawing history file maintenance
- Assigning new part numbers
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in an Engineering or Information Technology discipline from an accredited university
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in product development and engineering information systems
- Previous experience with various software and business systems such as:
- ECR/ECO workflows (WorkflowGen, WindChill, Enovia a plus)
- Product Data Management (Autodesk Vault, PTC WindChill, Enovia a plus)
- CAD Administration (Autodesk Inventor, PTC Creo, SolidWorks a plus)
- ERP software (BAAN, SAP a plus)
- Previous experience with data migration, including import, export, and data mapping
- Ability to seek, evaluate, compare, and document new software versions
- Strong communication and technical skills with the ability to quickly grasp technical issues/concepts
- Level I software and application support
- Experience working in a geographically diverse development organization with multi-disciplinary teams
- Previous experience with BOM generation and configuration management
- An understanding of Trade Compliance restrictions
- SharePoint site management and administration of permissions
- HTML, PHP and SQL applications
- Stage gate methods of product development and release
- Experience with ISO audits, trade compliance and regulatory certification processes.
- Ability to effectively lead/facilitate teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including effective presentation skills, one-on-one communication, creative writing, technical writing and report writing
- Ablility to work effectively with internal and external resources
- Creative yet practical in problem solving and decision making
- Strong analytical and interpretative skills
- Self-motivated, creative and strategic thinker
- Team player, positive attitude, takes ownership, results driven, strong attention to detail
- Dependable and service oriented, always acting in a professional and courteous manner
- Passionate about the business opportunity
- Hands on, willing to enter data if necessary
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office - Power Point, Word, Excel Visio
Monroe, NC Travel:
May include up to 10% domestic Relocation:
Is not authorized
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain \"non-U.S. persons\" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, \"Temporary Residents\" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.About 3M
At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world. Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or onTwitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Here, you go! For information about a career at 3M go directly to www.3m.com/careers .
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.