At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Plumber for the Plant Engineering Division located in Maplewood, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.Job Summary:
The person hired for the position of Plumber
will be responsible for troubleshooting, testing, repairing, modifying/installing, and adjusting for the operation and maintenance of plumbing piping and piping systems. Areas include fixtures, lubricating, laboratory and office buildings, utility areas, lawn sprinkling, domestic water (hot and cold), hydronic heating systems (less than 250 degrees F. and 30 PSI) and drainage systems per specifications and plumbing codes. Perform maintenance and preventive maintenance on steam piping and systems where the HPP code allows. Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
This position will require:
- Reads and works to the indicated accuracy, specifications, and tolerances as detailed on engineering drawings, machine assembly prints, machine construction prints, blueprints, sketches, equipment manuals, and vendor diagrams
- Sets up, operates, and reads precision testing and measuring instruments to the instrument manufacturer's specification and accuracy (instruments include devices such as pressure gages, thermometers, leak detectors, flow meters, and rotometers)
- Performs mathematical calculations including trigonometry to determine dimensions, locations, angles, sizes, and shapes for piping installation, flow, and pressure calculations
- Troubleshoots and diagnoses equipment malfunctions and makes repairs or adjustments based on that diagnosis using repair parts or by correcting existing parts or by innovation to select substitute parts-lans and installs piping systems by preparing sketches when necessary to describe parts or material required to make minor modifications or repairs
- Moves material and equipment using standard methods of rigging and hoisting
- Determines and uses proper metal joining techniques such as arc and acetylene welding, brazing, and soldering (includes the preparation of pipe for welding or other methods of joining)
- Sets up and operates shop equipment such as hand tools, wrenches, air and electric powered portable hand tools and machine tools (includes pipe threader, tube bender, gas, and arc welders and similar equipment)
- Provides and maintains the minimum required quality and quantity of personal hand tools for use on the job as listed by management
- Completes required shop paperwork and uses reporting system following established procedures (includes Daily Work Records, P.M. Route Sheets, Stock Withdrawal Forms and other forms and records that may be required in the performance of the job or operation of the department)
- Submits work method improvement suggestions, craft training suggestions, and other cost recommendations to shop supervisor
- Responsible for handling Hazardous Waste materials consistent with established procedures; includes packaging, labeling, and staging
- Understands and uses safe work methods when performing the job requirements in hazardous and nonhazardous environments so as to avoid personal injury, injury to co-workers, or damage to company property
- Reports unsafe work conditions or equipment operation to supervisor immediately
- Keeps work area neat and orderly, contributes efforts toward the overall cleanliness of the shop
- Attends company authorized seminars, instructional sessions, and vocation school classes to maintain personal competence in new areas of technology, components, tools, methods, and practices
This position may require:
- Working a 2nd shift (4:00 PM - 12:00 AM)
- Working overtime as needed
- Possess a High School Diploma/GED or higher
- Possess a State of Minnesota Journeyman Plumber license AND State of Minnesota Backflow Prevention Tester certification
- Possess a City of St. Paul Plumbing Certificate of Competency
- Possess a current and valid Driver's License
- Knowledge of state and local codes governing piping systems
- Knowledge of operating principles, purpose, proper application and design limitations of metallic and nonmetallic piping systems and system components
- Experience with low and high pressure steam systems
: Maplewood, MNRelocation:
Is not authorized
Qualified applicants will be required to take and pass 3M employment testing as a part of the selection process.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status.)
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain \"non-U.S. persons\" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, \"Temporary Residents\" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.