Plumbing Product Technical Suppt Specialist - Contact Center - Northbrook, IL
Location: Northbrook, Illinois
Posted: September 08, 2017
Reference ID: 1045797837
Grainger is a broad line, business-to-business distributor of maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) supplies and other related products and services. More than 3.2 million businesses and institutions worldwide rely on Grainger for products such as safety gloves, ladders, motors and janitorial supplies, along with services like inventory management and technical support. These customers represent a broad collection of industries including commercial, government, healthcare and manufacturing. They place orders online, on mobile devices, through sales representatives, over the phone and at local branches. Approximately 5,000 suppliers provide Grainger with more than 1.6 million products stocked in Grainger's distribution centers and branches worldwide.
We are currently seeking a Technical Product Support Specialist - Plumbing & Pipes to join our Product Support team. The successful candidate will be experienced in the area of fleet and/or site maintenance as well as knowledge of plumbing and pipes. You will have the ability to utilize your extensive hands-on technical knowledge to handle calls from our customers in the areas of pre-sales selection, post-sales support, application and troubleshooting assistance for our products. Your customer base will include external customers such as suppliers, contractors as well as internal customers including parts & sourcing specialists, sales and branch personnel.
• Provide world-class technical product support in product application, selection and troubleshooting via the phone.
• Utilize industry-related experience, formal vendor training and on-the-job learning opportunities to achieve and maintain a high level of technical expertise on the products Grainger sells.
• Capture and channel information to provide product teams / suppliers feedback about products based on interaction with customers and field personnel.
• Develop, coordinate, teach, and evaluate training and education tools to equip field employees with the skill and knowledge to effectively resolve customer needs as it relates to technical products.
• Foster an environment of teamwork and open communication by sharing information, learning from and teaching others, following established processes and recognizing exceptional performance
* Must have 7+ years hands-on field experience in application, installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of commercial and/or industrial plumbing and piping systems and equipment
* Proven customer service skills, with the ability to maintain strong external and internal customer relationships by identifying and anticipating their needs, then meeting / exceeding their requirements and expectations
* Excellent organizational and communication skills
* Must have basic computer skills, to include; email activity, navigating the internet and MS Office applications
* Occasional evenings, Saturdays, or overnight travel may be necessary for product training
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.