Overview: With a nationwide sales team and several manufacturing locations, B. Braun Medical has become a leading full-line supplier of healthcare products and services in the U.S. The company is committed to delivering innovative products and services with unmatched quality, superior technology, and cost-effectiveness, while maintaining environmental responsibility. Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. B. Braun employs over 4,500 people in the USA. B. Braun Medical Inc. began its operations in the USA in 1957. Initially, the company manufactured and sold disposable plastic syringes. During the 1980s and early 1990s, the company undertook several expansions and enlarged its product line of disposable medical devices. With the acquisition of McGaw, Inc. in 1997, including Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc. (CAPS®), B. Braun dramatically broadened its product lines and services to U.S. customers.
U.S. Facilities and Operations:
Supporting product sales are a network of nationwide marketing and manufacturing locations. Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, is home to the U.S. Corporate Headquarters along with the marketing offices of the Hospital, Outpatient Markets (OPM), Renal Therapies, Vascular Interventional, International, and OEM Divisions. Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc.(CAPS®) is also managed from this location. The nearby Allentown, Pennsylvania, facility manufactures Needle-free products, IV Safety Catheters, Anesthesia Systems, Introducers, Pharmacy Admixture products. Vascular products including Right Heart Catheters and Interventional Accessories are also manufactured in Allentown. The Irvine, California facility produces IV Solutions, Basic and Specialty Nutrition, Drug Delivery, and BTC products. Infusion Pump Systems are manufactured in Carrollton, Texas and IV administration and IV and Irrigation sets are produced in the Dominican Republic.
Responsibilities: Position Summary:
Under general supervision, performs visual in-process inspection for quality and packing of finished Excel products. Responsibilities: Essential Duties
Expertise: Knowledge & Skill Requirements
- Maintain and verify that all work surfaces are clean and dust-free
- Sign Excel Packing Inspection Sign in sheet - SOP-PH-1003096.
- Inspect finished Excel product - SOP-1000837.
- Contribute and participate in continuous improvement programs
- Participate in the daily shift startup meeting
- Maintain work area to the 5S standard
- Adhere to all Cardinal Rules of Safety and Pharmaceutical Elegance policies
- Perform related duties in other areas as needed.
- Ability to read, write, understand, and effectively communicate job related information in English.
- Mathematical aptitude
- Knowledge of company policies, procedures, cGMP's, and OSHA regulations.
Qualifications: Expertise: Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc Required:
- Minimum of a high school diploma or GED.
- Possess 20/20 near vision acuity (corrective lenses may be used)
- No color blindness
- Annual eye exams required
- Successfully pass inspection certification - SOP-PH-1003142
- Certification/Recertification candidates must have a Positive Detection rate equal or greater than 70% to be a qualified EXCEL Line Visible Particulate Inspector
- Certification/Recertification candidates must have a Negative Reject rate less than or equal to 30%.
- Able to work overtime
- Six months related production experience.
- Previous visual inspection experience preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled
Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
Other: Responsibilities: Other Duties:
- Ability to train others within the department.
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Physical Demands:
- Occasionally lift or carry up to 50 pounds.
- Stand for long periods of time
- Push/pull, reaching upward/downward.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work Environment:
- Factory environment with exposure to some amount of noise. Personal Protective Equipment will be required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
One of the world's leading healthcare suppliers.