The Project Manager for Merchandise Marketing will support marketing through the coordination and execution of national marketing initiatives. He/she will partner with merchants and cross-functional marketing teams to understand product priorities; provide creative direction and assets, and secure appropriate approvals in accordance with production timelines. The Project Manager will be responsible for the internal and external report out of marketing programs and project status.
He/she will also be accountable for budget tracking and management of specific campaigns.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- 20%-Partner with Supervisor to develop strategic marketing campaigns and communication objectives at the department level including department led events and major product launches. Meet with suppliers and vendor partners to understand marketing priorities and facilitate vendor-funded campaigns.
- 20%-Work with merchants to understand product priorities and strategic initiatives for marketing and off shelf merchandising. Partner with Leaders to develop presentations for quarterly pitch meetings based on merchant and MVP input. Track sales and manage media allocation for MAP and product priorities.
- 25%-Partner with marketing coordinator and cross channel functional teams to execute various base and vendor-funded marketing initiatives across paid, and owned and earned channels by providing creative direction and securing creative assets in accordance with production timelines. Seek necessary merchant approvals.
- 25%-Develop reporting documents used for internal weekly updates. Maintain a department marcom to track and manage marketing activity by week. Track and record competitive activity by each Fiscal Week. Report out on marketing and competitive activity during internal status updates and merchant staff meetings.
- 10%-Partner with Sr. Manager and Merchants to invest incremental vendor dollars on marketing campaigns that maximize return on ad spend. Work with Marketing Finance to manage vendor-funded campaign budgets. Maintain report to track allocation of funds.
NATURE AND SCOPE
This position reports to Sr Manager or Manager
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel 5% to 20% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 4 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in project management or related positions
- Prior Marketing experience with B2B
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
Strong attention to detail
Ability to manage multiple tasks with varying deadlines
Independent thinker who is self-motivated and action oriented
Ability to leverage data to influence decision making
Strong communication skills
Ability to communicate with all levels of an organization
Demonstrates sense of urgency
Experience in media planning, multi-channel or integrated marketing in a corporate or agency setting a plus
Strong organization skills and attention to detail
Strong analytical skills
Strong interpersonal skills