Job Location: Cary, NC
A candidate has been identified for this role.
Our Global Operations IT programs span the globe and require leaders and managers to keep the picture in focus while being able to dive into the unique implementation challenges we face daily. This is a professional position that will support our Senior Leaders directly in servicing IT and business stakeholders. You will be expected to perform various tasks including model updates, portfolio reviews and preparing financial projections using Clarity financial software. You must have the ability to utilize critical thinking skills, work within a team, and anticipate IT needs and business questions. Qualified candidates will be detail oriented, structured and have a high degree of follow through.
- Develops financial forecasts with feedback from project leaders, including mid and longer range budget planning models, and develops less complex what-if analyses to support leadership decision-making.
- Assists team in development of program budgets and reports domestically and globally
- Compares data from a variety of sources to assure accuracy.
- Develops deep knowledge of subject matter and financial material, data, and processes.
- Gathers information, identifies analysis methodologies, prepares, develops and submits written and graphic results of the evaluation of data for a $50+ million complex program.
- Prepares analyses that support strategic planning; analyzes specific key trends and parameters to support planning efforts.
- Preparing financial analysis for IT / business, including year-to-date spend, regional spending and risk management needs analysis
- Continuously monitors organizational financial situations with detail and accuracy
- Reconciling, entering, updating data for reports in portfolio management software programs
- Produce IT financial reports for business
- Communication with senior leadership to include developing and conveying rational, defensible, fact-based perspectives and recommendations
- Authentically builds trusted relationships and collaborates across global, diverse and multi-functional teams to successfully drive business objectives.
- May lead a small team of offshore resources (not direct reports)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience; preferably in financial planning, business, finance, economics, etc.
- 7+ years of IT work experience, including 4+ years in portfolio analysis , managing projects and / or financial modeling. Experience in multiple technologies and functions.
- Project Management certification or successful completion of a recognized project management certification desired
- Master Knowledge of Excel, Pivot Tables, Formula, Data Analysis and Reporting
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including pulling information into consumable executive presentation material
- Organized, with a strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity/awareness
- Basic understanding of investment and financial planning strategies
- Ability to identify, meet and follow through with business needs and requirements
- Must be a self-starter, problem solver and a goal-oriented team player with a ‘no job is beneath me’ attitude
- Be able to keep up and learn things quickly in a fast paced environment and effectively manage regular changing of priorities
- Prefer: Financial industry experience; Economics, Finance, Investment Management, or Financial Planning graduate level courses/degree; Superior knowledge of Clarity, Microsoft, Word and PowerPoint
Global Technology & Operations – Operations IT
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 49744