Coordinate all site programs and report monthly Summary:
The Syracuse Biologics Manufacturing operation commercial and launch biologics drug substance at its manufacturing facility in Syracuse, NY.
The site PMO manager is responsible for portfolio, resource and project management in line with the site and BMS strategic priorities.
Portfolio Management :
- Support the establishment and maintain relevant portfolio management processes and repository.
- Ensures adherence to the selection, prioritization, balancing, and termination of portfolio components to ensure the alignment with strategic goals and organizational priorities.
- Continuously reviews, reallocates, reprioritizes, and optimizes the portfolio to ensure alignment with evolving organizational goals.
- Support decision-making by ensuring timely and consistent communication to stakeholders on progress, changes, and impact of portfolio components.
- Conduct gate reviews for the active projects in the portfolio.
- Report portfolio KPI’s to drive performance and reports on a periodic basis to site and global governance processes
- Responsible for developing and maintaining site performance scorecard in line with site and GMS strategy and providing regular updates to site and global teams.
- Provide PPM training, coaching, and mentoring to resources that work at the Syracuse site.
- Maintain the existing portfolio balance between active, endorsed, and proposed projects and moves the projects through the PPM process in a timely manner from idea to implementation.
- Administer Project Portfolio Management (PPM) global system. This includes configuration, as well as creating reports and dashboards.
- Program Management of critical initiatives at the site
- Analyzes resource demand versus availability.
- Works with Senior Leadership Team (SLT) members regarding resource allocation and prioritisation
- Works with project teams to insure the appropriate resources are assigned to the projects at the correct utilization.
- Coach project managers on using best project management practices.
- Conduct project reviews.
- Prepare project management documentation for gate reviews and status reports.
- Strong portfolio management, project management, and resource management skills, including the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Strong planning, organizational, and leadership skills, including the ability to mobilize and motivate teams, set direction and approach, resolve conflict, deliver tough messages with grace, and execute with limited information and ambiguity.
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills, including the ability to remove barriers and enable teams to complete their objectives.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate at all levels with clarity and precision.
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills, including the ability to navigate in a highly matrixed organization effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to make effective presentations, and proven ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders.
- Focused and versatile team player who is comfortable under pressure, ambiguity, frequent change, or unpredictability.
- Ability to quickly build rapport and strong relationships with others.
- Demonstrated experience administering PPM software (e.g., Innotas, MS Project Server, Planview, Clarity, etc.)
- Possesses a thorough understanding of portfolio management, project management, and resource management.
- Extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of project management methodologies and tools.
- Experienced in working with stakeholders to manage their expectations and engaging them to address issues
- A minimum of 5 years experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science or Engineering required.
- PMI-PMP Certification preferred, but not required.
Qualifications like Bachelors would be a pro.
A little about us:
Our shared focus to become a Diversified Specialty BioPharma company is driving us forward. Pioneering in new areas of research.