Job Location: Cary, NC
The PMO Methodology Lead creates and manages the PMO methodology and standards for the MetLife IT organization to meet the diverse objectives of the stakeholders, practitioners, LOB PMOs, and both IT and business executives. The PMO methodology and standards increase project delivery success and project portfolio ROI across MetLife’s global organization.
- Contribute to the development of the PMO methodologies including portfolio, program, project, requirements, SDLC and agile (Scrum) to meet MetLife’s business needs and transformation objectives.
- Provide methodology subject matter expertise and PMO consulting to support the LOB PMOs.
- Maintain relationships with leaders and practitioners across the globe.
- Lead and contribute to working groups, SWAT teams and other cross-team collaboration forums to influence direction and decision making.
- Maintain awareness of business strategies, corporate policies, MetLife PMO current state and PMO industry trends. Leverage this knowledge to enhance PMO methodology plans and deliverables and to guide leaders and teams.
- Work in a team-oriented environment as a contributor and as a leader.
- Excellent influence, negotiation and persuasion skills. Dynamic, effective communicator at all levels, in both formal and informal structures. Negotiate solutions that balance quick-wins and long-term outcomes.
- Communicate across the full spectrum of staff up through executive levels. The successful candidate will be able to synthesize input from multiple constituents, develop a cohesive plan for execution and gain acceptance from participants to drive execution and change.
- Apply strong analysis skills to reduce ambiguity, identify root causes, create innovative options and generate deep insights.
- 6+ years of related experience. Performing roles in more than one of the following PMO methodologies is preferred; portfolio, program, project, requirements and agile (Scrum).
- Methodology management experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.