What you’ll be doing...
- As a lead, he/she will have end-to-end ownership
- Design, Build and Deploy scalable and available cloud native micro-services and platforms.
- This role requires the candidate to collaborate with the systems engineering to ensure completeness of all requirements.
- Liaise with the product deployment team for all field and support queries.
- Ensure that the product is compliant to all required security and quality standards.
- Constantly come up with innovative ideas to improve the product.
What we’re looking for...
- 8+ years of product development experience.
- Extensive working experience in Development of a highly scalable, redundant micro service based platform.
- Solid experience in developing high available, and scalable applications using microservices in docker based platforms.
- Extensive experience in container/docker based platform.
- Experience in MicroServices Frameworks and SOA.
- Solid understanding of Object Oriented Programming (OOP) using current design patterns and practices
- Strong experience with distributed micro-service architecture with focus on Configuration Management, Service Discovery, and Distributed Tracing.
- Experience building Message Oriented Middleware applications using Kafka, RabbitMQ or equivalent
- Hands on experience with building applications using Spring Boot. Experience building distributed systems using Spring Cloud.
- Experience in AWS.
- Solid experience with SQL/NoSQL technologies – such as Cassandra, Redis, Couchbase, Mongo, MySQL etc
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of TCP/IP protocols
- Strong understanding on C/C++/JAVA/Linux and TCP/IP
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with platform middleware frameworks – FCAPS etc.
- Excellent verbal & communication skills.
- Experience in leading a team technically.
- Self-motivated and driven about latest technology trends.
- Awareness of configuration tools like GIT will be helpful.
- Scripting knowledge – example Perl/Python/Bash.
- Experience with Golang is a plus.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
A little about us:
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.